Chapter 12: Protecting A New Life

Artwork by @UpTheHill on Instagram and Tumblr*Please remember that this book is NOT canon and does NOT follow the official timeline*

*Please remember that this book is NOT canon and does NOT follow the official timeline*

Less than a week after the whole incident with Sirius keeping me up all night, Lily had the baby.

Everyone one was excited to meet him, and they finally told everyone the name they'd picked out: Harry James Potter.

Harry looks JUST like his dad, except for his green eyes, he gets those from Lily.

He's absolutly adorable!

Sirius was getting weirder though, it felt like he was distancing himself from me specifically but I soon didn't have time to think about that.

It hadn't even been 6 months since Lily gave birth when she came to us, terrified and needing help.

They'd gathered everyone at the apartment, even Peter, who'd been distancing himself from everyone for the past few years.

"We need help, Dumbledore told James and I yesterday that Voldemort heard of a prophecy that talks of a baby 'born as the seventh month dies'. The prophecy says that this baby will have the 'power to vanquish the dark lord'. He's suggested we go into hiding, and that we have a secret keeper." She was trying to stay calm, but everyone could tell she was scared.

"What's a secret keeper?" I asked

"While all of you will know the location of the house, you'll be bound by a spell to not say anything. This means not even under the influence of the unforgivable curses. The only person who can say where the safe house is, would be the secret keeper" Lily answered

"What does this have to do with us Lily?" Peter's voice sounded cold and unnerved me

"He says Voldemort has come to the conclusion that the baby from the prophecy is Harry...." She answered, looking at Harry who was asleep in his fathers arms.

"Lily and I talked about it, and we want you to be the secret keeper Sirius, we know you won't do anything that would get any of us hurt" James stated, it wasn't a question but more of a demand.

"I'm willing to do it, but wouldn't I be the obvious choice? They're going to assume it's me..."

"We're sure" Lily answered

The next day Sirius and I went back to their house to help them move to the safe house.

What they didn't know was that we'd come up with a better plan.

We were going to suggest a decoy, unfortunately for him, the decoy would now have to be Sirius.

After putting Harry down for a nap, we all sat in the living room.

We'd told Lily and James we had an idea but not what it was, we didn't want any possible anger or yelling to upset the baby if they rejected the idea.

"What's your idea? I don't like it when you two get ideas....." Lily asked, she was clearly worried