Chapter 10: Sharp Speed

In the gym, where most trained themselves to their fullest extent, Kelly is currently on the treadmill, running as fast as she can with sweats running down her athletic body. Her breathing is steady, yet her body moves in a rapid pace that seems to be close to a motion blur. With her being a Spartan, it is apparent that her physiology allows her to be titled the fastest human alive - at least biologically.

After her daily workout, she saw two people entering the gym: Her "Mom" and Ronin. With the discovery of the Reapers being part machine, the vast majority of their skeleton being replaced by a stronger and more powerful endoskeleton, Dr Halsey and many other scientist started to conduct some test on them. Kelly stood up from the bench to greet both the doctor and Ronin, "Hi Mom, Hi Ronin."

Halsey greeted her back and Ronin nodded before doing so.

"So, what is this about?"

"Well", Dr Halsey started, "I want to conduct some test on Ronin here." She then diverts her attention to the Reaper and tells him to do some runs on the treadmill with Kelly asking the doctor, "So what do you want me for?"

"Oh that? You'll be needed later."

Ronin started slow, jogging at around the speed of 5-15 mph before accelerating and reaching the speed of 36 mph - not as fast as Kelly's, but it's close. It's only then that Doctor Halsey asked the Reaper to try and push, and he reached an average of 39-40 mph, much faster by a slight margin. This surprises Kelly as she thought she is faster than most humans - then again, Ronin isn't exactly human to begin with.

"If you are wondering", Dr Halsey grabbed the spartan's attention, "Because of his endo-skeleton, Ronin isn't limited to the restrains, like a normal body. Thus allowing him to push to his limits and keep on going." Kelly listen to the words of the doctor, as she observed Ronin reaching his absolute limits before slowing down and then stops running. He gets off the treadmill and walk back to the doctor.

"How did I do", he ask to which the doctor gives a little smile and said, "You have done wonderfully, Ronin." She turned her head towards Kelly and the latter said, "To be honest, I always believe I'm the fastest human alive. You are close, I can give you that." Ronin smiled before nodding at her statement.

"I have elsewhere to go, good day you two", the doctor dismisses herself and left the gym with only Ronin and Kelly standing to watch her leave. Kelly jab at Ronin's shoulder and ask him, "Wanna spar?" Ronin unquestionably nodded and the two went to the ring in the middle.

The two entered the ring with their friends and comrades watching them. They discuss amongst each other on who would win the spar. Safe to say, it could be a tie. The two take a stance with Ronin bowing before he takes his. Meanwhile, their brothers and sister in arms watched.

Kelly raises her fist up while Ronin raise his right fist back and and left hand forward with an open palm. The two begin by circling inside the ring, while staring at each other's eyes. Kelly took steps and moved like the hare, while Ronin slid across the ring and as still as the tortoise. The spartan eyed in on the Reaper, while the latter's remain expressionless.

In less than a few seconds kicks, punches, knees and elbows were thrown at fast speeds, almost like a blur. Both were using their martial prowess, but it seems clear that Ronin have the skills necessary in that only a few simple moves is enough to put Kelly to the ground. For now. The Spartan swigs a leg underneath the Reaper. Knocking him on the ground, for Kelly to crawl on top and send in punches towards Ronin. Ronin, catches Kelly's left hook and flipped her to deliver a kick to her abdomen.

The two get back up as they continued their barrage of blows, although Ronin is getting an edge in the fight. He pushed his attack forwards, not stopping at any point in his relax manner. In the twilight of there fight, Kelly was still standing, so to Ronin. The spartan panted so much, yet the Reaper only made deep breaths. Their eyes stare down once more as they prepare to end the fight. But before they could do so a voice is heard, while he is clapping, "Very good, you two."