Chapter 4: Satellite Tower

After rushing out from the forest, the 10 came to face a Covenant army just surrounding the building. However, they are lucky they are out of viewing range - they have to take this advantage and use it wisely.

Soon the two snipers set themselves to monitor the enemy and their movements, complement, size, and anything useful information for the upcoming assault.

"We found the tower", Havoc spoke. "Yeah, we noticed", Kelly said back as the rest discuss a possible sneak attack or any breaching and entering strategies.

"We need to divide our resources", John stated, "If we go to the front and our team flanking the sides, we might be able to enter the tower and get the signal to the Pillar of Autumn".

"I don't think so", Arthur retaliate, "The Covenant probably already know we're heading to the tower. Enemies that are on high alert will be ready for anything that might enter the tower".

Arthur then looked to Cross and gave him an order, "Cross, recon drone".

Cross nods back as he took a small drone from his back and throws it in the air. Its wings spread out as Cross directs the drone's direction to the tower and the surrounding terrain. It is as silent as a bird flying through the wind. Many would mistake the drone for a small bird flying around.

Cross notifies the situation at the tower, "We got tangos surrounding the building. Heavy artillery, some infantry and a couple of turrets". He continues to fly the drone as the rest discuss a plan.

"Alright", Heav asked, "What now". Fred, John, and Arthur pondered for some time, trying to think of logical strategies that give them the best results - that being all of them alive and well and everyone back to the Pillar of Autumn.

Cross continued to circle the drone till he finds something interesting. There was an Elite, talking to two other Elites. He may not have known Covenant culture or military structure, but the Elite talking to the other Elites might be the CO of the army stationed on the planet.

Cross called out the group and tell them of his findings, "We've got a CO in the tower. Top floor".

"Okay", Arthur clapped his hands, "Looks like we've gotten ourselves a target". The others do agree on this, but the Spartans were a bit skeptical about this approach. However, they have to adapt to their assets and have to be vigilant, even in the most violent of times - by them.

Now set and stone on a plan, it's time to execute.

The Elite CO looked over the human monitors as his grunts were working hard and their best to understand and try to make the equipment work. It was a frustrating moment, but there are far worse moments than he could've been we're not for him taking control of the tower.

After some time, the Elite CO stood up and decided to check on his grunts, walking around them as he easily towers them. Most were working fine and as efficiently as possible, all but one.

The grunt was just lying there, motionless. The Elite barked at the grunt to wake up the sleeping Unggoy. Nothing. He then tapped the smaller one with his foot. Still nothing. Frustrated, he picked up the small one and was horrified to see a hole through the thick skull of the Unggoy's exo-skeleton.

"Say cheese"

It was a blink, nothing more. The Elite felt his heart stopped the moment something felt like piercing through his head. Soon blood began to drip down his head as he realizes too late and dropped to the cold floor.

"Headshot"

Death #10: Elite CO Headshot by a sniper.

The Unggoy inside were screaming because they witness the death of their commanding officer. Without anyone to command them, the army is at a significant disadvantage.