Chapter 2: Introductions

After a while, the dark men were "talking" amongst themselves on what they should do, now that they have secured an Elite. It is an accomplishment, though, from their body language, it seems as though there are others far worse than the Elites.

Blue team is in position, two on each end of the hallway. Cortana is used to monitor the men's movements and to notify the Spartans of any particular behavior. Soon, the sound came flowing back into the ears of the Spartans - first as a simple high frequency, before adjusting to normal hearing.

"That's better", Kelly commented through the radio, as the Spartans are ready to converge on the men. Once the last of the men entered the room, Blue team mobilize. They quickly stack themselves beside the door as they hear the energy sword activating.

Blue team ended up bursting through the door as the men pointed their guns at the spartans and one of them holding the Elite hostage with an energy sword.

One of the men in the group recognize the human form of the Spartans and ordered his group, "Stand down, they're humans". The rest lowered their weapons, with only one of them holding the Elite with a vice-like grip, clamping the alien to the human. John ordered the same to his teammates and soon almost everyone lowered their weapons.

The man that ordered walked to the front of the group and asked John, "Backup", a simple nod is all he needed to know that they're safe. "Thanks, we were wondering what happened to you", he spoke once more. He turned to the largest of the group and with a nod, the big one snapped the Elite's neck with just one arm, the corpse falling to the ground as too the energy sword.

Death #3: Elite's neck snapped

The Spartans, and Cortana, were, if you put it in their terms, shocked. No hesitation from the big man. After that quick moment, the Spartans begin guiding the 6 men towards the Pelican. However, things didn't go well from there.

By the time they've reached the Pelican, it's destroyed. The wreckage is all that's left of the aircraft.

"Great", Kelly groaned, always annoyed by the fact that the Covenant kept destroying their birds, whenever they're left alone, "What now", she then asked.

Immediately, the men went towards the wreckage in search of something. It turns out they're salvaging anything they can find: ammo supply, first aid, as well as a broken radio. They store the items in their backpacks and the leader of the team tells the Spartans, "There's a satellite dish just Southwest from here. The quickest route is through the jungle, though I supposed you guys, and girls, don't mind the mud, right".

"We're trained and equipped to do deal with anything", Fred spoke up, "We'll be fine".

The one with an auto-shotgun shakes his head down, as it was assumed he laughed internally by that phrase alone, "I remembered the last time a guy said that"

"What happened to him", Fred asked, "He died", the shotgun one answered, "He always joked around being the more prepared one, till a bot snatches the guy and dragged him to the pavement". The response sounded genuine and very... Emotionless? It sounded like he, and maybe the rest of the 6 man team, is unsurprised - not even a little.

John finally asked the men, "Who are you". Now, one of them, presumably the leader of the men, answered, "We're Shadow team. We work on covert ops, clandestine, escort, and more. We are specialized soldiers, made to endure the harshest of weather and war and survive the most fatal of wounds. But, we mostly keep ourselves in the dark".

He then began listing the men:

He pointed to the largest of the group and said his name is, "Heav (Not Heave). Heavy specialist with a rushed in approached. We mostly have him on missions that require superior firepower and durability". Heav's armor covered the majority of his body, with only the exposed parts relegated to the movements of limbs, but are very hard to strike. It seems as though his entire loadout is made for him to take a lot of damage and strike back hard.

"He's Shadow 4". He finishes then points to another one, this time a man is wearing a hoodie with some armor around him. His coat extended towards the knees and seems to be covered in foliage. What makes him even more distinct was his right eye, which glows a glooming red. He isn't as bulky as the rest, which would likely make him the Team's sniper - no doubt the rifle he is wielding.

"This is Shadow 3, or we like to call him "Cross", the man stated, "short for Crosshairs".

The next one, a slightly bulkier one, is named, "Havoc", he is designated as the team's explosive expert and given the team number, "Shadow 5"

The 3rd to last wears a gas mask-like face covering and has a similar armor to the man talking to Chief, "That right there is Inferno, Shadow 2".

The 2nd to last is more slim and sleek. He wore an open visor, not too dissimilar to Kelly's EVA helmet, but it was tinted black. He has some level of armor, similar to that of Cross's, though may seem a bit too exposed. "He's Ronin, Shadow 6"

Lastly was the man in front, "And now me, Shadow 1. Call me Arthur". Arthur is covered in armor around the limbs to protect it, very similar to the spartans, though he also has sharper parts as evidence by some blood.

Now it is John's turn to list his teammates, all of which are brief and understandable.

Introductions aside, now Blue team and Shadow team have to work together to reach the radio tower, by marching through the thick jungle. Wherever this radio tower may be, just hope they manage to get there before the Pillar of Autumn decided to abandon them but not by Keyes's orders.