Chapter 10: Marley.

"Why didn't you go with them?" Y/N sat next to the resting man putting her hand in his thigh to feel his presence. It's dark and she needs an assurance that she is not alone. Levi adjusted his seat so Y/N could rest her tired body in his, she lays her head in his shoulder as Levi controls her arm to hug his body.

"It's getting cold. My instincts told me to make you warm." Said Levi in a hush to not wake up the kids from their deep slumber. She breathed out a thank you and snuggled close to Levi. Silence filled the room, only their heartbeats makes a little sound comforting the both of them knowing that they still made it up to now.

This is survival, different from what she's always seen in movies. She don't know what to do, not something she's prepared of. When they were just having fun in her birthday then suddenly she woke up in a fucked up world. What just happened? Until now things won't sink in her mind, she can't understand everything. Let's say that she just have gone with the flow, anything for survival.

"Levi? What if I die?"

The man tensed at the sudden question. Now that she asked, the question can never leave his mind now. She's not like him who can fight very well, yes she's stubborn but there is nothing more than that to prove that she can fight enough to protect herself in the wild. Yet there is one thing she can use though, she's smart and can think a lot of ways to atleast save herself, with that, will she able to survive until the end? He couldn't even imagine her being one of those crazy who were once a normal human, or laying in the empty eerie road lifeless.

"I won't let that happen." Said Levi as he placed his lips in her forehead. She smiles at his promise feeling at blissed with his touch. Having him by her side is enough reassurance that she will survive. Not just because she know she will depend herself on him, man he is the reason why she has the will to survive.

"Don't you fucking leave me brat, alright?"

The woman hummed in response closing her eyes trying to drift in sleep. This day was hella tiring, might as well let their body get a rest.

"That place is a paradise!" Screamed Hange waking the others from their deep slumber. Y/N was the second to wake up following Hange in their mini made up kitchen to check on the goods they just brought. Can goods and stuffs, that made her tummy hungry and eyes in glimmer.

"Too bad we can't use the mini farm I made anymore. But hey these are blessings too!" The scientist jumped up and down feeling proud of herself that she found an organized grocery not so far away from this building. The credit was on her so she reacts like this.

"Oh my god, I've been dreaming of this, no wonder I was so hungry when I woke up." Y/N picked two cans of SPAM and headed to the supplies. "Where's the butane?" She asked. Hange stopped right after she remembered the there's no butane in their groceries. Based on her reaction, Y/N already know what to react and she dropped herself on the ground mimicking a cry as she think of ways to cook for breakfast.

"Why are you laying there? Stand brat I'll look for woods." Said Levi who popped out of the door. Everyone are starting to open their eyes, hearing the two woman's loud entry for the woman of course the rest will be disturbed. Well, good morning.

"Hange, you do know that we are in crisis now and the world is really fucked up. What do you celebrate about?"

"Shut up Michael, Y/N is cheery today too, are you still going to complain?" She retorted with crazy eyes.

"Fine, good morning then."

Hange laughed at him being submissive, now he's annoyed since a loud morning isn't his normal greetings. He walked to check on the groceries only to find that Y/N isn't laying in the ground anymore. He breathed in relief as he realizes that Hange had just given a clue about his little crush on her. Will he fight for her? Obviously no. Who would have a courage when an Ackerman is on the way? The way Y/N adores Levi wouldn't even give him a chance. Too bad, they looked... in love?