Chapter 1: The castaway insider.

Y/N walks alone the road looking for a convenience or a grocery store that is open. It has been a  two months since she wonders trying to find out what's going on. Ever since she got out of their village up to now there  is no sign of people, even dead bodies as what she expected for a situation like this. Empty surroundings slowly makes her crazy, everything is eerie. What she only understand is, people has suddenly disappeared and there is no sunlight. Everyday seems like it's going to rain.

Now she's blaming her desire on living in a secluded area, for also not watching television or checking the social media. She don't know what happened and it pains her head for always thinking about it.

"Finally." Said Y/N as soon as the sight of the nearest store caught her attention. The door is open as well as the lights. But for a week of exploring the roads, she expected this to be empty as usual.

She stopped in front of the store and examined everything, unlike the other store she has stopped by, this is very neat and organized. As if this store has someone who is taking care of it.

"Shorty came here last week, I bet he spent his time organizing all of these." Said a cheery voice from a woman inside the store. Y/N's eyes widened as she heard the sound.

"There are still people alive."

She rushes inside following the voice. There she saw a woman with a brown hair tied in a ponytail, she is wearing glasses but it is already broken. The woman is tall, which scares her a little knowing that she's a lot smaller. The idea of having a misunderstanding now summate in her fright since that always came up in those movies about a concept like this.

"What did you do to your glasses again?" Shouted her companion. If the woman is tall, the man is way more taller. He is holding a shotgun, and on his side are the extras which are also weapons.

She backed of a little debating with herself wether try to make friends with them or just leave on her own.

But I've been looking for someone I can be with, why am I scared now? Because they're armed and tall and I have nothing and small? She thought.

She is standing a few meters away from them. They are busy examining something so they can't feel her close presence. Lucky for he she could escape if she wants without anyone of them noticing, which is a less danger for her if ever they'll inflict a harm. But before she could move, the woman turned around and stopped her gaze at Y/N's trembling figure.

"Oh, another survivor!" She shouted and gleefully stepped forward in her direction.

"What's your name? Are you alone? Do you want to come with us? Why do you look so scared? How old are you?" She then bombarded her with questions.

"Stop scaring her Hange, step back."

Y/N calmed down a little when the man interferes. The woman looks more terrifying, contrast on what she have thought. He neared them and began sniffing at her, his presence is surprisingly soothing. Base on how the woman looks, she seems a little bit, uhh crazy? Not literally crazy like you sees in a mental hospital though.

"You're looking for a companion right?" The man asked.

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"I have the sharpest nose in town. I'm Mike Zacharias by the way, and this woman is Hange Zoe. We're not a bad guys, we only have these in case of emergency." Said the man named Mike placing his guns and other weapons away far from her.

Hange, the mad woman, continues to smile at her, leaving her uncertain wether she is just friendly or she's literally crazy. Hange's smile looks sinister, it creeps her out. Little did she know, this woman will be one of those people who will stay beside her throughout her whole journey in this new experience.