Chapter 6: What's happening underneath?

The stars are shining brightly, scattered in the dark sky looking as elegant as the woman looking at it, they were so many she couldn't even count. Y/N were smiling as she watch how the starts blinks, a sight she has never seen for a while. She remembered, she used to satisfy her eyes before sleeping by looking at the stars in her window, now that she has so much in mind she couldn't even peek on her free time.

On her side was Levi who also adores the sky so much, not getting tired on how it looks. Every time he felt lonely, he just simply drag himself here. The place they set their feet is a small tower in the rooftop of the hospital. Here they could see the entirety of their place, this is when she realized that there are more places awaits for her. But now all her eyes wants to look at are the stars Levi had shown.

"Well thank you Levi for this. I had forgotten all of the stress I've gotten through for a while." Said Y/N turning to face him. Levi sworn he could see the bright in her eyes, as if she were just born at this moment with no problems and just starting to live her own life. And he hate the fact that he wants to smile while he drown himself deeply in her eyes. But then he remembered what happened a while ago when she can't struggle from the danger she was in, and the story he couldn't forget having the feeling of wanting to protect her.

He knew at this moment that she could be more than this. She can smile even brighter than this and show the world how happy she can be without thinking a sense of danger. He knew at this moment that he has to protect that smile and everything that makes who she is. No, he's not falling- not yet. For the matter of time, he couldn't understand himself from getting excited seeing her or worrying when she's not around, now that he has seen the bloom in her, he knew that he's more friendly.

"I'll come here more often Levi."

She gazes back again at the stars, trying to imagine shapes and meanings like she used to do when she was little. That was the moment when Levi let himself smile even though it's the faintest one he could make. It's heart relieving for finally let go the urge to do the things he is not into.

"Let's see each other here more often."

And for the first time in his whole life, he let himself flow into the emotion he avoids the most. Just to keep her safe along the smile he got attached to.

"There's nothing to find in Rad's room anymore but we now have this letter." Hange dropped the envelope in the coffee table to let the two examine it. Mike was the first one to have an interest to it, grabbed and opened the already opened envelope to read the letter. He extended his arm for Levi to be able to also read. Their faces were scrunched up thinking deeply about the message. Suspicious.

"About the vaccine, I think we have to investigate on that. It may be related to what was happening. The President is again involved." Said Hange munching on the biscuits Mike brought for them.

Mike was getting excited. There is something on his sniffs that hypes his mood up. This meeting isn't just another air huddle talking about the report for their daily, they were given further information that may lead them to whatever the truth is.

"Let's go for it." Levi said making the two smirk. "I can sense the both of you, eager to risk your lives to that vaccine shit and I won't let you two crying in front of my door begging for me to allow this. Fine." He continued, pride lacing on his monotone.

Hange clasped her hands in excitement, imagining what could be the contents of the vaccine. As a Scientist, she is the most frenzied about this, once they discovered the said thing she could use her skills again.

"Tch." Levi looks at her in exasperation, as her face is becoming more demonic and demonic as seconds passed by with her bizarre imagination. She's at it again, like she had taken a multiple bottle of liquor.