thirty seven: a beginning

Start from the beginning

“I’m not gonna lie, I will be probably exhausted. Thank you for understanding.”

“You don’t have to take me to dinner or you know, do anything special. We’ll take this slow, Talon. If anything, I think I should be doing more if you let me.”

But what was more, exactly? Katie started to panic. She didn’t want to overstep her authority in light of everything that went down, she felt she had no right to.

“Okay,” he laughs. “I expect a one-day itinerary filled with passionate but sweaty lovemaking. Oh, and you and I could go shopping for new clothes and maybe you could make me something from your restaurant’s menu.”

A wide smile spread across her face. “I can do that.”

“Good. I have a wicked sweet tooth, just a heads up, love.” He says. “Anyway, I don’t what else to talk about. I just really wanted to hear your voice.”

Heat creeps up her cheek. ‘Moon, what is this man?’

“I’ll be waiting for you. You’ll hear more of my voice here.”

The deep groan emanating from his throat made her restless. It wasn’t because he was exhausted, no. Katie read through that expression very well and it astounded her how Talon was the first one to draw that instinct from her.

“Did you sleep well?” He turns the conversation away.

Or maybe he wasn’t. He knew the answer quite well and he was acting innocently cruel.

“I just woke up minutes ago.” She answered sheepishly.

“At… ten in the morning? Kayla, I’ll send my Beta to get your breakfast. I’m sorry I kept you up late at night.”

He wasn’t sorry and neither was she. Talon was toying with her again. It made her stand on her toes, just wanting to hear more of him. In lack of better words, her lust for Talon easily overcame every other thing.

“I’m how you left me.” She whispers.

“Hmm, thoroughly loved and naked on my bed. Though, you can’t stay commando all day. Take anything from my closet and drawers. I think you look sexy in my shirts.”

She giggles. “Yes, Alpha. I’ll make good of your boxers as shorts.”

He cusses under his breath.

“It’s not fair you’re giving me vivid photos in my mind when I’m a state away from you. I should go before I can’t stop myself from hopping into my car and driving home. Once I finish sorting out some essential paperwork for Francis’ mate, I’ll be heading back. I love you, Kayla.”

“I love you too, Alpha Talon.” She says.

“Bye, love. See you later.”

Once the phone cuts, Katie falls to the bed, feeling unlike she had ever before. The exhilarating feeling of saying that to someone and for that person to say it back was just too overwhelming not to be overjoyed about.

Her electrified feet jumped to the floor and marched to Talon’s wardrobe. Just by opening, she released a flurry of scents. The places where her husband has gone to, the different wolves that he had come in contact with. Some of them were the scent of female wolves. But knowing that didn’t deter her. She had trusted him and whoever the wolves he said he had relationships with were memories now.

There was an assortment of suits in front of her. Each of them was well-tailored by brands she had never heard of before. A scene of Talon wearing the three-piece suit she was currently ogling at played in the curls of her brain. How it instantly made her moist was causing her to feel a tiny bit crazy.