Chapter 16

Sarah's POV

Dad broke away from the council head held high and announced, "Alvin the Treacherous is guilty of all charges! His punishment: execution!"

Berk cheered and the villager filed out walking to the cliff. Dad and I stayed behind along with his friends ready to escort Alvin to the cliff. We clapped cuffs and shackles all over Alvin and escorted him to the cliff. We unlocked his cuffs and shackles. Dad and I got off our dragons and backed up. Lightning and Shadow began stepping forward snarling at Alvin making him back up closer to the edge.

"Hey wait a minute! You're sending me to my death with those two!" He yelled pointing at our dragons.

"Yeah pretty much." Brandt shouted back to him.

"Spare me!" He got on his knees. "I beg of you!"

"Why should we do that?!" I demanded.

The dragons opened their mouths purple-blue light glowing in their throats. BOOM. Two plasma blasts slammed into Alvin killing him and sending him over the edge. I slowly walked over peering over the edge; Alvin's dead body lay on the beach crumpled. The ocean waves dragged him into the ocean never to be seen again

I sighed with relief.

Peace at last.

Dad put his hand on my shoulder, "Hey Dad."

"We finally have achieved what I was sent here for." He said sounding, relieved.

"Do you miss the future?" I asked.

He nodded, "I've thought about it. All the cool technology and such. Yeah that was great. But who would give up dragons for that? Technology is nothing compared to riding a dragon."

"Good." I replied staring at the setting sun.

I just realized something.

"Now what?" I looked up at him.

He smiled, "We fly."

This is Berk. It's burnt to a crisp and covered in ice but it's home. I take after my father and saved Berk from destruction. Dad and I accomplished something no one has ever seen. Peace between dragons and people. If it weren't for Lightning I would be dead. We are a team that cannot be separated. One day I will be chief and I will keep the peace in the world. How? We have...dragons.