Chapter 2

Sarah's POV

Dad and I got back just in time for dinner in the Great Hall. He offered me to sit at the chief's table with him but I declined as I do every night. I like to sit at the table with my friends who all have dragons...

I picked at the chicken leg on my plate not saying a word. I was worried about the night ahead of us. I was even more worried about the Night Fury that was waiting for me.

Alvin's POV

"Sir, the Night Fury's going crazy. She won't calm down!" Alexander said.

I stood up from my chair infuriated, "Get that dragon under control!!!!"

"Sir she'll kill us!!!" Alexander argued.

"Do whatever it takes!!! Get her under control!!!!" I demanded.

Sarah's POV

Tommi nudged me, "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking." I mumbled still looking at my plate.

"About what?" He asked even though he already knew the answer.

Tommi and all my friends had dragons already from the Academy training. Training is very simple, you go through a few weeks of dragon training where you tame a dragon as your final test. Even if you're not chosen for the final test you still pass the program. I was chosen to tame the dragon but I couldn't do it. I was almost eaten if it weren't for my dad and Shadow. I was the laughing stock of the village but my friends understood completely which was a surprise.

"Nothing important."

Jon's POV

I sat at the chief's table in front of the hall over viewing the Great Hall. People roamed about and so did their dragons. I couldn't concentrate on my people I thought about a plan for tonight. I could tell Sarah wasn't paying attention either.

Ally put a hand on my shoulder, "Jon what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just thinking." I said lying through my teeth.

"What are you up to?" She pressed.

I abruptly stood up, "I'll tell you later."

I looked out the window to see the sun had gone down. I walked down the steps into the main area of the hall and strode towards Sarah. I put a hand on her shoulder and she looked up.

Sarah's POV

I felt Dad's strong small hands on my shoulder and I looked up to see the look on his face.

He leaned down and whispered in my ear, "It's time to go."

I stood up and followed him out the door. I glanced behind me. Tommi stood up following my gaze I held on him when I turned around.

Now or never I told myself. I'm not leaving without my Night Fury.