Chapter 10

Sarah's POV

I was walking around the village wondering what to do next. Lightning trailed behind me tail drooping.

We need to figure this out Lightning.

We have no choice Sarah...

You're right. We have to take the battle to him.

It's no battle Sarah. He declared war. On us. Only us. He clearly wants us and we have to stop him.

What do we do?

I don't know...

"Sarah?" A voice said.

I looked up from my feet to see Tommi standing in front of me.

"Oh hey Tommi..." I mumbled.

"What's wrong?" He asked turning to walk with me.

"I'm just thinking..." I admitted.

"I'm glad you're okay. Your dad said you saved his life and the healers got lucky with you." Tommi said.

"Uh, thanks." So Dad didn't tell the village about Lightning's abilities.

"Are you okay Sarah? You seem agitated." Tommi said stopping me mid-stride.

"Fine." I sighed. "I'm trying to come up with a plan."

We could turn ourselves in. Sure we'd get tortured but Berk would be safe.

I turned away from Tommi looking at Lightning.

Oh my gods! Lightning! You're a genius! Come on we need to talk to my dad!

I glanced back at Tommi mouthing 'I'm sorry'. I ran up the hill to my house and burst through the door.

"Dad!" I called. He came down the stairs looking at me. "We need to talk!" Mom came down behind him. "Alone."

"Right. Let's go to the cove." He said.

We took off on our dragons landing in the cove a few minutes later. I climbed off walking to the shore staring into the pond.

"They call me Ghost Fury, Dad. I'm their hero." I said putting my hands in my pockets.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"He wants me. He declared war on. Me. We have to turn ourselves in. Berk will be safe. It'll be fine." I explained still looking in the pond.

"No you don't. I have a plan." He said smiling.

"I'm listening..." I started.

"You go and 'turn yourselves in' while the rest of us riders hide in the clouds and the armada hide in the fog. When he takes the bait, we attack unleashing all hell." He explained.

"I like it but there's one more thing. In order to completely stop him, we have to destroy the island." I mumbled meeting his green gaze.

"But...that's impossible!" He stated.

"No. There's only one dragon big enough that has the capability to destroy the island..." I started.

Dad gasped, "You can't be serious!"

"It's the only way!" I demanded.

He gulped down his fear, "We have to find the...the...Bewilderbeast!"

I nodded knowing we would need both of our Night Furies to control him for a short amount of time.