Chapter 9

Sarah's POV

Dad said we would live at midnight. I definitely wasn't going to wait that long. So I left a note on my door: Went out early. Couldn't wait. I'll be careful.

Lightning and I were nearly there; we took the back way so we could get into the tunnels. The island came into and Lightning whimpered.

Shhh it's okay girl.

She descended slowly to the tunnel and walked inside with me still on her back. The hall was lit with torches and no one was in sight. Weird. Dragons were in every cell whining.

Dragons! I am here to rescue you!

How can we trust you??? All of them hissed.

I came in here on a Night Fury. You should trust me. Now be quiet while I rescue you.

I got off of Lightning and went up to the first cell. I grabbed my sword from my leg and lit it. The dragons stared in awe. I sliced through the lock and opened the door. A few dragons ran out.

Thank you so much! What should we call you?!

My name is Sarah!

You're wearing all black. I think I'll call you Ghost Fury. For riding a Night Fury and blending in with the night. You're our savior.

Go to Berk. We protect and ride dragons there. Go! Quickly!

The dragons took off down the tunnel and I heard the beat of their wings as they took off. I cut off more locks and more dragons flew off. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Lightning perked up happily as Shadow and my dad came down the tunnel. By the time they reached me I was already halfway down the tunnel.

"It's about time you showed up." I said as I cut through another door and more dragons pushed past Lightning and Shadow running down the tunnel.

"I got up to go to the bathroom and I see the note! Your mother is furious!" He demanded as he cut through a door.

"Yeah well-"

"Hey you!" Someone screamed.

An arrow zoomed passed me heading for my dad.

"DAD!" I screamed lunging for him shoving him away.

The arrow pierced my back and I groaned falling to the ground. Lightning picked me up on her back with her head and took off running down the tunnel. Shadow followed her with my dad on his back.

I groaned some more blood trickling from my mouth. Darkness.

*****

I blinked my eyes open grunting as I did so. I was in the cove all myself. Hiccup came out from the shadows, again.

"Am I dead?" I asked.

He shook his head, "Your dragon saved your life. Right now your unconscious. Lightning has an ability I have never seen before. Toothless couldn't do that. Shadow can't do that. You're very lucky Sarah. Make sure you thank Lightning for what she's done. Now, go back, your parents are worried sick."

He waved his hand away and I sunk back into reality.

I opened my eyes and coughed sitting up. A strong hand was placed on my shoulder.

"Dad?" I muttered.

"Hey kiddo." He said smiling.

"What happened?" I asked.

He gulped, "You saved my life..."

"Where are we?" I looked around.

"Back in Berk. Some of the dragons you rescued came back carrying Lightning because she couldn't fly without you. I was going to put you on Shadow and then fly Lightning but she wouldn't let me touch you." He explained.

"Where is she???" I wondered.

On cue Lightning burst through the door, jumped on the table, and began licking my face.

Thanks girl.

I managed to save you just in time.

Thank you...

I put our heads together smiling a little.

"Sarah there's something else you should know." My dad started.

"Whaaat?" I asked cautiously.

"We got a note this morning from Alvin. He's declaring war..." He whispered.

"On Berk?" I swallowed.

"On you..." He murmured.

"What?" I gasped.

Lightning looked at me a worried look in her eyes. What did we get ourselves into?