RAVERS Chapter 4 Mirror Mirror

The party was in full swing at the Mirror Mirror Room. Bianca was on Galen's arm, flashing a very large engagement ring. Fae, Humans, Werewolves, and even a few Vampires were laughing, eating, drinking, dancing, or watching Bianca's girls dance. It had taken them months to get the charade planned. Galen knew Gerard would take Quinn to his mountain manor if he caught her. It was his favorite place to seduce someone's soul into believing paradise and love were real. The beautiful scenery and isolation made it easy to lull almost anyone into a false sense of safety and comfort. But Quinn hadn't been so easy to sway. As Galen watched, she was still resisting Gerard's influence after weeks.

However, earlier today something changed, and she let Gerard feed from her soul and Galen was sure she didn't know Gerard was doing it, but she trusted him enough not to resist. Galen knew he had to get her away from him. For a dark fae, siphoning energy off a pure soul could be as addictive as meth to a drug addict, or vodka to an alcoholic. One taste was never enough, and it always ended in death if the feeder was left within reach of the Demonus.

Galen glanced at his watch then looked across the party. Gerard brought Aliza Abbott. Galen despised that human female, but as the socialite daughter of a billionaire pharmaceutical mogul, her presence was expected at a party of this caliber. No one knew she was the brains and politician behind the Human Purity Movement, well, almost no one. He watched as she wandered among his guests, cooing and fawning over the nonhumans while she hung on Gerard's arm, pretending as though she didn't want to kill them all. Galen could see why his brother enjoyed her company, their souls were almost the same shade of hate.

Gerard never met Bianca in person, and assumed, from the taint left on her soul by her time as a cursed fae, that she was a blessed one like him. He did not know that she was what Galen hoped to be someday, a freed Light fae. He did not regret giving her sister over to the Covenant vampires to kill. The evil witch had it coming, just like his mother would someday after he was free of the family curse.

Bianca wrapped herself around him, her blonde hair falling down her back like a cloak, she could make Lady Godiva envious. "It's time," she whispered.

Galen could feel his brother watching them, judging, evaluating. He could also feel Gerard didn't yet trust this change in Galen's demeanor as she pulled him away from the group he was talking to, and up to her office. She locked the door as he pulled away a panel in the wall that hid a traveling mirror.

"Be careful," she called after him, but Galen was already through the looking glass.

Galen had never wished more that other species could travel this way, it would make rescuing Quinn so much easier. But her rescue must be done this way if she was to help those who were almost lost. He stepped out into Quinn's room. She was still asleep, and he cursed his stupid selfish brother again. Pushing his healing energy into her, Galen felt her reviving and her wolf stirring. He whispered into her mind.

"Help is coming in the form you fear most. When they come, put on your red cloak and break the mirror to escape. I know you're afraid, but they won't hurt you, Luna Shalom. They need you, they need you to remind them of who they were so they can find their way back. It's never too late, don't give up."

Outside, Galen heard the howl of Ravers and through the mirror, Bianca shouted his name. He bolted back through the mirrors, dizzy from the amount of magic he had used.

VvvvvV

Quinn Shalom...

I woke to someone whispering. Warmth was surrounding us with light as I struggled to listen.

"Help is coming in the form you fear most. When they come, put on your red cloak and break the mirror to escape. I know you're afraid, but they won't hurt you, Luna Shalom. They need you, they need you to remind them of who they were. It's never too late, don't give up."