|18|: Wedding plans

"Hi chan, do you want to eat some cake with me?" Honey asked as Hiromi prepared to leave the room. "Sorry senpai, but I have somewhere to be." She replied apologetically. Honey's eyes teared up and he grabbed Hiromi's hand gently and looked at her sadly. "Please?" He begged.

  Hiromi couldn't help but smile brightly and pick Honey up and swing him around. "Kawaii!!!" She exclaimed joyfully as Honey laughed at being swung around. The other hosts smiled at their interaction.

  "So, will you please have some cake with me?" Honey asked as Hiromi put him down. She sighed. "All right, I'll have one piece."

  ~small time skip~

  "So you ended up eating 6 pieces?" Saskia asked in an amused tone as she took a sip of tea. Hiromi nodded sluggishly with an ill look to her face. "I think Honey Senpai is corrupting me." She whined dramatically. Nekozawa chuckled.

"If you felt so sick after eating two pieces of that sweet cake, then why did you continue to eat?" Saskia asked. "Because Honey Senpai was just too cute, I couldn't say no to him." Hiromi explained. Nekozawa pouted slightly. "So you think Mitsukuni is cute?" He asked lowly. Hiromi nodded. "Of course I do! Don't you think he's cute?" She asked before taking notice of her fiancée's expression. She smiled gently and kissed his cheek and ruffled his hair.

  "Don't worry Neko chan, Mitsukini may be cute, but you're my soulmate. My Prince of darkness. The Yin to my Yang. The peanut butter to my jelly. The Jack to my Rose. The John to my Yoko. The-"

  "Okay, I'm pretty sure we get it Hiromi. And please don't ever compare yourself to Yoko Ono again. It's an insult to anyone with good taste." Saskia deadpanned. Hiromi laughed heartily. "So you think I have good taste?" Saskia smirked. "Of course I do. I mean look at who you're marrying." She said while gesturing to Nekozawa.  Nekozawa smiled slightly. "Thanks Kia, that means a lot." Saskia chuckled. "Anytime, cousin. Family sticks together." She said before turning to Hiromi. "Speaking of which... when's the big day?"

Hiromi sighed. "You've been asking me this for the past week, and my answer is always the same. The wedding is set for a week after Umehito's graduation." Saskia smiled. "I know that I'm being annoying, but I just can't wait for us to be cousins!" She said excitedly. Hiromi chuckled and put her arm around Saskia. "Neither can I, but you still have to wait a few more months." Saskia pouted. "Fine."

It had been about a week and a half since Hiromi and Umehito had become engaged, and their families had quickly gotten to work planning the wedding. It was to be big and extravagant, and of course... expensive.

Hiromi and Umehito had no say in the planning, but if they did, they would tell everyone that they wanted a small wedding with only their closest friends and family involved.

They didn't want a huge spectacle. They just wanted a few good people to bear witness to how much they loved each other. After all, Hiromi wasn't really comfortable with all this wealth being flaunted, and Umehito was never one for big crowds. But unfortunately, neither of them were getting the wedding that they wanted. However, they had agreed on one important thing; all that matters is how much they love each other. As long as Hiromi and Nekozawa could be together, they were happy.

~that evening, at Hiromi's apartment~

"So, when are you gonna tell the rest of the club members that you're getting married?" Haruhi asked. She and Hiromi were sitting at the coffee table and chatting while Ranka ranted about how cute Hiromi would look in her wedding dress and how frilly clothes were the latest trend. Of course, Hiromi had stopped listening a while ago and was tuning both her sister and her father out.

For the past week and a half, all anyone ever talked about was the wedding. No one had even bothered to ask Hiromi how she was coping with all the new stress in her life. She had barely had time to just enjoy being engaged to the love of her life. Instead, everyone was focusing on planning out her future. She was getting fed up with being unheard.

"Hiromi, are you listening to me?" Haruhi asked in exasperation. Hiromi groaned in annoyance. "You know what Haruhi? No. I wasn't listening." Hiromi said flatly. Haruhi frowned. "Wow. Okay, tell us what you really think." She said sarcastically. Hiromi rolled her eyes. "Even if I tried, no one would listen." She muttered under her breath before standing up and storming into her room and slamming the door. Haruhi arched a brow, while her father was still too busy ranting to notice that Hiromi was gone.

~very small time skip~

*knock knock* "Hey Hiromi, can I come in?" Haruhi asked politely. "Yeah, sure. Whatever." Hiromi replied apathetically.

Haruhi entered the her sisters room and saw Hiromi flopped down on the bed. "I'm guessing something's bothering you." She said. "No, really? How could you possibly have figured that out?" Hiromi replied, her voice dripping with sass and sarcasm. Haruhi rolled her eyes. "Okay okay, I get it." She said as she sat on the bed next to her sister. "Why don't you tell me what's on your mind." She said as she squeezed Hiromi's shoulder in a comforting way.

Hiromi sighed deeply. "All anyone can talk about is the wedding. No one has stopped to ask me how I feel about all of this. And no one will listen to Nekozawa and I when we try to offer our input. I mean, it's our wedding, yet we have no say in anything that happens. It doesn't even feel like we're planning a wedding anymore. It feels more like one big business transaction. I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of stress and no one even bothers to notice. Isn't my wedding supposed to be a happy occasion? Why does it feel like a big vacuum is sucking the happiness of my upcoming nuptials right out of me? I keep telling myself that all that matters is how much Nekozawa and I love each other, but I feel like all the romance is being taken away from us by this giant wedding. It's like this huge water balloon that's about to pop, and once it pops, we'll be soaking wet and miserable." Hiromi finished her rant with tears streaming down her face.

Haruhi looked at her sister in sympathy. "It sounds like you need a distraction." She stated confidently. Hiromi smiled sadly. "Thanks, but I think that I'm just gonna go to bed. It's been a long day." She said. "Are you sure?" Haruhi asked. "Yeah. Thanks for listening to me Nee Chan, at least I have you in my corner." Hiromi said gratefully. Haruhi sighed deeply and walked out of her sisters room. But then an idea hit her, and she smiled.

  'Actually Hi chan, you have a lot more people in your corner than just me. And just you wait and see... I'm gonna give you and Nekozawa the wedding that you deserve. And I know just the people to help me do it.' She thought to herself, smirking triumphantly.

  'Operation: Black magic wedding, is a go.'

__________________________________

  *Damn, it's been MONTHS since I've updated this story, and I'm so sorry for that. I'd been going through some writer's block, plus I was preparing to move out of my house, and that took a lot of effort, and now that my plans have fallen through for an indeterminate amount of time (long story), I have more time to write.

However, writing won't always be my priority. I've started volunteering at the local animal shelter and that's gonna take up a good amount of my time.

Anyways, sorry about the short chapter. I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless!