|7|: The necklace

The next morning, Hiromi woke up with a huge smile on her face. And why wouldn't she be happy? After all, in two short days, Hiromi would he going on her first ever date... with Neko chan no less.

  She hummed happily as she put on her prosthetic leg. "What's with the huge smile?" Haruhi asked from the doorway. Hiromi looked up at her sister and said "I'm always smiling." Haruhi stared at her sister suspiciously. "Not like this."

  She walked closer to her sister and got up in her face. Hiromi leaned back, away from Haruhi. "Umm, what are you doing Haru?" She asked.

  A smirk found its way to Haruhi's face. "Does your good mood have anything to do with your texting buddy?" Hiromi's eyes widened. "H-how did you know that?!"

"Ah ha! I knew it!" Haruhi said as she stepped away from her sister and laughed. Hiromi watched her sister cackle to herself in concern. 'Should I like... call somebody?'

  Finally, Haruhi stopped laughing. "So, what happened between you two that's got you so excited?" She inquired. Hiromi blushed a deep crimson and looked down at her lap. "Neko chan asked me out, and we're going on a date on Saturday." She mumbled incoherently.

  Haruhi rolled her eyes. "Speak up." "Neko chan asked me out, and we're going on a date this Saturday." Hiromi repeated. Haruhi's eyes widened. "What?!" Hiromi sighed in exasperation.

  "NEKO CHAN ASKED ME OUT, AND WE'RE GOING ON A DATE THIS SATURDAY!!!!!" Haruhi rubbed her ears. "Jeez Hiromi, there's no need to shout, I heard you the second time." She complained. Hiromi arched a brow. "Then why did you say "what" before?"

  Haruhi chuckled. "Because I'm shocked. This is just so unexpected." Hiromi chuckled awkwardly and rubbed the back of her neck. "Right, my bad."

  "I heard yelling, is someone hurt?!" Ranka yelled as he appeared in the doorway. The girls took one look at his disheveled appearance and burst out laughing. His hair was all over the place, most of it was stuck to the side of his face. He had a five o' clock shadow, and his pajamas were inside out. Obviously he threw them on in a rush, in order to see his daughters.

  "Everything is fine dad." Haruhi assured. Ranka sighed in relief. "Thank goodness. But then, why were you yelling?" He asked.

  Haruhi looked at Hiromi, who nodded in approval. "Hi chan is going on a date this Saturday." She explained. Ranka's face was blank for a moment, before his eyes lit up in excitement and he tackled his younger daughter in a bone crushing hug. "My little girl is growing up, I'm so happy!"

  "Careful dad, don't kill Hiromi before she has the chance to go on her date." Haruhi deadpanned. Ranka immediately let go of Hiromi, who took several much needed breaths in and out. Ranka rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "My bad." The two girls simply laughed and hugged their father.

  "Well, I can't wait to meet this boy. I'll make sure that you look super cute for your date. Oh I'm just so excited! My little girl has a boyfriend!" Ranka gushed as he went off in a tangent about how beautiful love was.

  "Um, point of clarification, Nekozawa is not my boyfriend." Hiromi said.

  "Yet." Haruhi corrected in a teasing tone before playfully elbowing her sister. Hiromi rolled her eyes and blushed deeply. 'My family is crazy.'

  She couldn't deny though, that she was just as, if not more excited for her date than her father and sister were. She couldn't wait for Saturday to arrive.

   ~Saturday~

  "There! You look perfect!" Ranka gushed. Hiromi stood in front of her floor length mirror and checked herself out. "I love it dad. But isn't this a little too much for a first date?" She asked warily.