20

this is a very very long one so grab a snack or five
(4520 words - 31 pages)

Y'all are gonna hate me for this one

•••

maddy's pov

"Jules, get ready. We're going to a party," I announce as I walk into her room.

"where?" she excitedly jumped up from her bed.

"Vinnie invited me to a hype house party and said I could plus one you so get ready, it starts in two hours," I tell her as I look through her closet trying to find something for me to wear.

It was no secret that Jules had the better style in the friendship. Her wardrobe was filled top to bottom with whatever was in style at the moment. You'd never catch her wearing anything more than a maximum of three times. I'll never complain though because when she's done with her clothes, they go straight to me.

"Finally! I get to meet your boyfriend," she clapped.

"I swear, I'll kick you out of that party in a second if you call him my boyfriend in front of him," I jokingly threaten as I pull out a black dress.

"Oh don't worry, I probably won't be able to speak around him anyways," she shrugged and walked over to the closet and started looking through.

"You? Not being able to speak? Wow, I'm willing to bet money on that," I chuckle and walk back to her bed. I pull my jeans off and slip the dress on up to my waist then pull my shirt over my head. I wiggle the dress up my body and slip the straps up.

"Do you think this is good?" I ask as I turn around to face Jules.

"Oh, hell yeah. You look so hot," she nods and walks over and dumps a few things onto the bed.

"Should I wear boots?" I ask.

"Yeah, wear those black ones," she points at a pair of black knee-high boots that were sitting near the door.

I grab them and slip them on then look in the mirror. Thank god for Jules' clothes— If I wore my clothes, I may as well be rocking up the party in a garbage bag.

I sit down at her vanity and start doing my makeup. I apply some foundation— again, thank god Jules and I have the same skin tone, then I put a bit of contour and bronzer on and some lipstick.

"Should I just leave my hair out?" I ask Jules as she jumps around the room trying to get her jeans on.

"Yeah, straighten it though," she says in between breaths.

An hour later, we were both ready and were now downstairs with Jules' mum at the kitchen bench as we wait for our Uber to arrive.

"So where is this party again?" Angie asks as she stirs her wine around in the glass.

"It's in Santa Rosa, we're getting an Uber," Jules nods with a smile.

"How do you girls know anyone out there?" Angie asked, eyeing us as she takes a sip of the wine.

"Maddy's boyfriend lives there," Jules nudged me.

"He's not my boyfriend," I groan.

"Oh, tell me about him, Mads," Angie wiggles her eyebrows and leaned forward on her elbows.

Angie was one of those 'cool mum's' that you could gossip about anything to. She's our go-to gossiper whenever something happens or whenever we need to rant about anything. My mum is the same but we're mostly always at Jules' house so Angie normally hears everything first.