✼haechan

member » boyfriend!haechan x gn!reader

summary » where you realise that haechan loves someone else.

genre » angst

word count » 0.8k

a/n » my first angst LOL also this was taken from tumblr since i felt bad for writing the same 4 members LOL

please leave your requests in the comments!

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

you were seated before him, watching him get distracted from his food. you were in a 5 star italian restaurant— the most fancy restaurant in town.

you had gifted him a rolex watch as his anniversary present. despite your busy schedule, you had woken up early in the morning to bake him a cake before you left for class. you even had put on his favourite dress on you, so what's wrong?

haechan had his eyes glued onto his phone for the past 15 minutes.

you watched as his fingers typed quickly on his mobile. with a sigh, you dropped your fork on the plate, staring at him. haechan didn't seem to notice, though.

you decided to take matters into your hands, "look, if you're that busy, then we can just go home, right now."

haechan snaps his head and looks at you, his mouth parts in surprise. he shakes his head, turning off his phone, placing it next to the plate on the table.

"no, sorry, it was just my friends," he reason, picking up his fork to eat his penne tomato pasta.

you roll your eyes, picking up your fork once more, taking another bite out of the aglio oglio.

haechan brought you here exactly a year ago. he had asked you to be his girlfriend right here. the waiter had overheard haechan, and gave you two a complimentary brownie that day.

it was a special place for you. you liked everything about the restaurant. the ambiance, the location, the decoration, the food.

but today, it just didn't taste as good as before.

you cringe at the taste of the pasta. it didn't go unnoticed by your boyfriend, though.

"you don't like it?" he asks you, eyeing your face as you wipe your mouth with a napkin. you shake your head, no. he chuckles, "i told you to get the chicken alfredo. it's your favourite."

oh.

you frown, somehow tears had welled up your eyes, blurring your vision.

you had never liked alfredo. or anything that had cheese in it because it always made you sick. and you knew that haechan knew that. he used to remember.

it used to be one of the things he used to remember all the time. how did he forget? or, why did he forget?

"i never liked alfredo," you choked out, staring at the boy who's smile dropped the moment he saw your teary eyes. you gulped. you don't think you can take it anymore. he has been so distant lately, you barely see him anymore.

you literally had to beg him just to see you for your anniversary.

"haechan, what's going on with us?" you stifle, a tear had dropped down your cheeks, but you quickly wiped it away before anyone could see it. haechan saw it though, you knew, because his eyes dart from your eyes to your cheeks.

"what do you mean? nothing is wrong with us," he lies, it was barely convincing.

you rolled your eyes, looking away from the boy. "did you even realise that i had brought you out to the place you brought me a year ago?"

you watch as his eyes soften, looking down at his food, "i'm sorry."

you knew who it was. you knew who was causing this whole mess between you two.

"it's her, isn't it?" you grit out, watching as his face contort into annoyance.

haechan's jaw clenches, "why are you always mentioning her? Is it that hard to believe that I love you?"

you scoffed at his words. you gulped, convincing yourself that you shouldn't lose control in public.

it took you long enough to realise that haechan was dating you only to get back to his ex, hyeji. the both had dated for only a few months, they were the popular couple in school, so when they broke up, everyone were stunned. a few weeks after the break up, haechan started talking to you. soon enough, you fell for him.

you refused to believe that he was only dating you for the sake of his ex, because you liked him. no, scratch that, you loved him. and you still do. but you're tired of hurting yourself everyday, watching him text hyeji whenever you were with him, watch him leave halfway through movie nights just to see hyeji. you deserved better and you know it.

"You're in-love with somebody else," you tell him, leaning back against your chair, "haechan, i'm tired of letting myself get hurt because of you," you start, "you broke my heart countless of times, pretending that everything is okay when it's not!" you look away when you realise that you had caught attention from a few people. "i know my worth now," you snarl, "and i know i deserve better than someone like you."

you get up, grabbing your gucci handbag that haechan had bought for you and left the restaurant. you bit your lip, holding back the tears until you stepped out of the room. you couldn't hold it anymore. you let the tears run down your face as you walk back home all alone.