CH: 18 What happened to me?

Start from the beginning

"I remember the man jumping up and running towards my mother; my mother was yelling for my dad and trying to get towards me. I didn't know where he was able to get the scissors from, but I would never forget the way he stabbed my mother right in front of me. The way she screamed. I remember hearing my father rushed into my bedroom and tackling the man to the floor, and my father yelled at me to run and get help." I said, rubbing my arms.

I remember running outside my bedroom, running down the stairs, and going outside; I ran as fast as I could to the neighbor's house. The neighbors opened their doors for me and pulled me into their house; the look on their faces when they saw blood on me, I didn't even know I had got my mother's blood on me until I got there." I said, recalling the memory of it happening.

"I couldn't believe it; I didn't know what to make of all of it; he was a real person, he was a real man who would come inside my room and talked to me. I just thought he was imaginary; I never knew he was real till that day. When the police arrived, they didn't have to tell me, but the looks on their eyes and faces let me know that both of my parents were killed." I told Liam.

"Did they find him?" Liam asked me.

"No, till this day they never found him, they investigated it as long as they could, it made significant coverage but all they had was me, I was the only one who was alive that was able to describe him, the only one that would be able to put him behind bars but he never showed himself in front of me ever again," I said looking around me.

"I was taken into the system right after that," I told Liam; the look on his face caused me to lower my gaze.

"Faith, gosh, I am so sorry, I'm so sorry. Did your parents have any family that was able to help you?" Liam asked me.

"My mother didn't have any family, and the ones she did, they weren't on good terms with, and his family pretty much disowned my father; no one bothered to try to take me in from neither side of their families. I know the neighbors whose house I ran to tried to adopt me, but they failed the adoptions test because they worked full time, and the government said they wouldn't be able to provide a full-time home for me." I said to Liam, watching him shake his head.

"That is fucking bull shit," Liam said, a troubled look appearing on his face.

"I went through a lot in the system, Pam and I, many things happen to the both of us, and I am so happy to say I made it out a virgin from there, there were some sick people that liked doing mess up things to kids," I said, no emotion being heard in my voice.

I watched Liam stilled, and I'm sure he was letting what I said sank in.

"So, I always tried to make sure I was extra cautious with people, but I guess I wasn't that well at doing it; I didn't know that man's name and never really had an entire conversation with him. I just remembered that he would always bring in antiques and would sometimes purchase from me as well." I told Liam.

Liam stayed quiet for a bit before he spoke.

"Faith, let me ask you something. Is there a chance that he is the one from your childhood? The one who killed your parents? " Liam asked me.

I stilled, a chill running through me.

"What?" I said, repeating his words in my head.

"He would be much older now, but is there a way you could try to remember if it's the same person or not?" Liam asked me again.

"I, I don't remember him, I think I blocked the memories of how he looked like when I was a kid, but I do know that there were many rough sketches done of him in the police station that took the case," I said to Liam, his eyes widened.

"Do you remember the station that took the case?" Liam asked me.

I nodded my head and told him the station and also which area it was in.

"Wow, that's pretty far." He said.

"Yeah, I didn't want to live anywhere near there; it's eight hours away by car," I said.

"I could have someone get me a copy of the sketches," Liam said, standing up.

He put his hand out to me, and I placed my hand on his hand as I stood up as well.

"Really?" I asked him.

"Yes, I am also planning on getting Richard to help me with a sketch of the guy from the shop," Liam told me.

I stayed silent for a bit, lost in my thoughts.

Could it be him?

The same guy?

If it is him, how come I didn't remember him?

The man who killed my parents, the one who changed my life forever, the man I thought was my friend but was evil.

How come I didn't notice?

Why?

Why did I let something horrible happen to me again?

"Hey," Liam said, placing his hand on the side of my face; he rubbed my cheek.

"We'll find out the truth of what's going on, okay?" He said to me.

"If it's him, Liam, that means it's my fault," I said to him.

"What, no Faith. None of this is your fault. Listen, none of this was ever your fault, okay." He said, pulling me into a hug.

"Don't ever blame yourself for any of this; you're not the reason these things happen; these things happened because of a fucked up person, not because of you," Liam said in my ears.

I slowly nodded my head, listening to Liam repeating himself on none of this being my fault.

"It's getting late; I should cook you some dinner," I said to him as I pulled back.

"I brought you some bake goods from Carlton place," Liam said, giving me a soft smile.

"I know you're unable to have any taste buds react to it, but I still wanted to bring you some," Liam told me, causing me to smile.

"It's the thought that counts," I said to him.

"You're such a nice person, honestly. I wished I met you when I was alive; we could have been friends." I said to him softly.

"Friends?" Liam asked, laughing.

"You don't think we would be friends?" I asked him, tilting my head.

"I find it funny that you think I would just want to be friends with you." He said, looking at me seriously.

I felt heat run through my body from the look on Liam's face.

"Liam," I said softly to him.

"Yes, Faith." He said.

"Don't say stuff you don't mean," I said to him.

"I don't; I say things that I mean, Faith." He said, searching my face.

"Like right now, I want to kiss you," Liam said.

"And I'm wondering if you'll let me," Liam said, looking at me.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

Sha lalalalala, go ahead and kiss the girl!

What do you Dolls will happen? and what do you Dolls think of Faiths past?

-Kassandra Vivu