Considering Fate's utterly enormous hidden quest system, Ye Ci was very careful while carrying out Jasmine's quests. She never skipped the conversation and carefully read each word before deciding on a reply. Ye Ci did not want to miss a hidden quest like this.

"Really? It is my greatest honor to be able to help you." Ye Ci was full of smiles, and her words were gentle, even bowing slightly towards Jasmine.

Jasmine was a dwarf, but not a stereotypical dwarf. Unlike dwarven players, she was a Black Iron dwarf. The history of the continent contained records that indicated there were three subspecies of dwarves, differentiated by the color of their skin. One was White Dwarves, the species of dwarven players. Another one was the Black Iron Dwarves with black skin, and the other was called Fire Dwarves, with skin as red as fire.

These three tribes were originally under the leadership of the Dwarf King Mokemoduo, but after his death, the three tribes all wanted to choose one of their own warriors to succeed as the Dwarf King which caused large scale fighting. At last, the dwarves, a race only second to humans, divided into three.

The White Dwarves had always been on good terms with humans, and received the most help from humans in the battle for succession. Thus, the White Dwarves received the best land in the Dwarven territory, and established a close and long lasting relationship with humans, spreading across the four continents. Black Iron Dwarves however, were originally a reclusive kind, and had the smallest population amongst the three tribes. They were the first to be defeated, but their elders signed a ceasefire with the White Dwarves and the Black Iron Dwarves left to explore the furthest corners of the continents. As the last tribe to fall, the Fire Dwarves were not as lucky as the Black Iron Dwarves. The White Dwarves not only occupied all of the Fire Dwarf territory, but also chased them out of the four continents.

This was the main reason that players still had yet to meet a Fire Dwarf on their own continent. However, following the resource pack expansion, the appearance of the Fire Dwarves would cause a surge in the number of exploring players. Of course, this all would happen later. Right now finding the mithril vein was first priority.

Fighting was not in a dwarf's nature. Although they did not fear it, and could be brave warriors, their interest did not lay in war. They were similar to dragons in that they liked sparkly things such as gems and precious ores. It was because of this that dwarves had naturally solid builds; they were all natural born miners. In the days they did not fight, they lived underground mining various ores and gems. This habit was ingrained in the bones of all three tribes.

Thus, on every continent, if you looked carefully, there would always be a dwarf near a mine among the NPCs.

Perhaps it was because of this that the nature loving elves disdained the dwarves. They believed that the dwarves were covered in a disgusting copper scent. Likewise, the dwarves also harbored dislike towards the proud elves that could only sing and dance. However, they tolerated each other as both races were close allies of the humans.

It was due to the tension between the dwarves and elves that Ye Ci was extremely careful while interacting with Jasmine, neither servile or overbearing, in order to gain the female Black Iron Dwarf's trust.

"You are the most good natured elf I've ever seen," Jasmine nodded approvingly at Ye Ci. Curling her lip, Jasmine looked in disgust at a nearby sleeping elf NPC, "other elves are so annoying but it seems that there are good elves too."

Ye Ci would naturally not interfere in matters between NPCs. Smiling peacefully, she only stood to the side listening to Jasmine while not expressing any opinion.

After Jasmine spoke for a while, her stomach suddenly started growling, and embarrassment could be seen on her face.

Ye Ci did not laugh but kindly advised, "You really need to eat a lot to heal when you're injured."