*Heal TWO*

It was Monday morning when I wake up so early. I don't know why. It's 4:00 am. I have this urge to check on her if she's awake so I stood up and goes to her room. This is a crazy idea.

I am in front of her doorstep. It feels I am holding back maybe because I'm disturbing her. In the end, I hold the doorknob and open it. It opens. She didn't lock her door.  The room is dark. Only the light of lampshade is visible.

She lay on bed just wearing a shirt and I didn't see clearly what's she wear on her lower part. I go near her. It seems she's only wearing panties. It gives me hard on when I confirm it. This is bad!

I found myself sitting beside this sweet innocent woman. She changed position and no blankets covering her. Her shirt were slightly raised. I can see her flat tummy. Wrong idea I think.

Her blanket is nowhere to be found. I look for it. Nahulog na ito sa gilid ng kama. Ibinaba ko ang shirt niya at nilagyan ko ng kumot. Nakatagilid na ito. She sleep soundly. I begin to caress her hair. And kissed her forehead. I should not stay long because she might wake up.

I close her doors and touch my chest. It's beating like horse running. I go back to my room trying to sleep but my eyes was not cooperating.

My eyes were still wide open until six in the morning. This is not healthy. I was disturb by a sudden knock on the door.

"kuya,pwede pumasok?" It's my sister Gwen. She open it . Useless asking permissions.

"Last Saturday, she told me, lumabas daw kayo. I'm glad kuya that you don't isolate yourself."

"Be thankful to her. She's too hard to resist sis."

She look stressed and sad. I feel so worried for my sister. She always do everything for me.

"Gwen, I'm sorry for not being a brother to you. I always have your back."

"Don't worry kuya. It's me Gwen, not surrendering no matter what."

She's like mom, a very responsible but a soft person. Naupo ako sa tabi niya. In the middle of our talks, Annie barge in. It seems the feelings I have few hours ago came back. She look normal now. Wearing a blue blouse and skinny jeans. I have to erase it in my mind. Baka makagawa ako ng mali.

"Annie, may ibibigay ako sayo mamaya." She simply nod to my sister.

"Maiwan ko muna kayo. I have to get rest. See you kuya." She kissed my cheeks. My sister is a sweet one.

We're left alone inside. Didn't she notice that I go to her room few hours ago? She seems something not bothering her.

"Annie, uhm, can I ask you something?"
Asking her make me feel nervous. As if my entire system were not functioning well.

"Oo naman."

"Your not locking your doors?" What?! I want to slap myself for this stupid question.

"Oh, I forgot to close it. Did you go to my room?"

"No, it's not normal to invade your privacy. I'm just checking."

She seems satisfied of my answer. "Kailangan mo na maligo, I will prepare your breakfast." All of the sudden she told me. I go to the shower and let the water pour over me. Her body, face and sleeping soundly were coming back. Even the shower is cold, I can still feel hot feeling.

After 1 hour I go outside the shower wearing just a boxer. She didn't notice me
because she's too busy preparing my breakfast. When she look at me, she cannot look at me directly. What's wrong with her?

"Annie, are you okay?"

"O-oo. O-okay lang ako." She's stuttering. Tumalikod na ito. Bago pa man ito makalabas, nagsalita agad ako.

"Bakit di mo ako sabayan?" She didn't move even an inch. Lumapit ako dito. I touch her shoulders. She flinched.

I let her faced me. Her eyes were on the floor. It seems there were interesting things on it.

"Annie, what's wrong? Are you okay,"I ask her again but she keep her head low. Aish! I'm beginning to feel frustrated.

"Ano,uhm, kase, y-your not we-wearing a shirt," she said to me nervously without looking. I can feel it in her voice.

My bad. Bumitaw ako sa kanya at hinanap ang shirt ko sa cabinet. Isinuot ko din agad ito.
"Sorry Annie. Nagbihis na ako. You can look at me now."

She slowly lift her face and look at me. I smiled to her. "My apologies Annie. But, can you join me now?"

She simply nods. Naupo ito sa usual spot niya. We ate our breakfast silently. Only the sound of the utensils were heard.

"Annie, sorry ulit. I should respect you."

"Okay Lang Yun. Hindi lang ako sanay siguro." She give me a convincing smile. Showing its okay.

Iniayos na nito ang pinagkainan namin. Lumabas ito dala ang mga yon. Naiwan sa table ko ang mga gamot at isang baso ng tubig. I immediately take the pills and gulp some water. When will I feel normal in my life? I should be to help Gwen. She's suffering because I am not responsible.

If only I can get away with those nightmares and painful pasts I have, I can be  a brother  to her. I'm a total baggage to her life.

Enjoy reading 💙💜💜