I'm not your son!

Spring 2005, Smallville High school...

Clark is 17, and his high school football team's star quarterback at the biggest game of the season. The announcer is in the background, hyping everyone up as Clark speeds through the field with the ball. The band is playing profusely, and the crowd is going wild.

Martha:
WHOO! GO, BABY!

Johnathan:
BE CAREFUL, SON!

Clark's just on the field dodging everyone trying to tackle him. He looks over at the scoreboard to see that time is running out, and this was the last quarter of the game. Immediately, he picked up the pace. After everyone in front of him completely misses the guy, the biggest player on the opposing team starts gaining speed.

Coach:
KENT! WATCH YOUR ASS!

Clark turns around and sees everyone else running after him and, in a quick motion, turns around to see the big guy in front of him, only he wasn't moving. In fact... no one was. Clark stops and slides to the side of that guy. He looks around and watches as everyone else starts moving but insanely slowly. He starts to run again after seeing their slight movements.

In slow motion, his coach yells: "KENT MOVE! YOU'RE ABOUT TO REACH THE GOAL!"

Clark scores the touchdown, and everyone goes wild, everyone but Johnathan. As Martha cheers beside him, Johnathan mutters under his breath "no..." His team surrounds Clark, picks him up, and starts cheering for him. Clark raises his fists in success and then looks at his parents. He sees his mother cheering him on and smiles at her. Clark's smile quickly goes away, however, when he sees his dad. They left the game with an argument.

Johnathan:
You can't just use your powers like that, Clark!

Clark:
Dad, I won the game. I thought you'd be proud of me!

Johnathan:
You cheated, Clark! There's no victory there!

Before Clark could say something back, he decided "why even bother?" He opens the window and looks out at the fields of the different farms.

Johnathan:
Look, son, I just don't want you to use your powers for profit gain. It's not right or fair for everyone else.

Clark:
But if I have these powers shouldn't I use them? In fact, why would you even let me on the team if you're just gonna say all this?

Jonathan:
I wanted you to have fun and live a normal teenage life as I did.

Clark:
Yeah, well, look where that got you...

Jonathan:
What's that supposed to mean?

Martha looks back at Clark in shock. Clark ignored both of them.

Johnathan:
Clark..? Son..?

Clark:
I'm n...

He mumbles

Johnathan: What was that?

Clark:
I'M NOT YOUR SON!!!