Chapter 45:

Ruki's POV-

Subaru took Taiyo and with the two of us carrying them, we headed for the exit but bumped into Shin. "Where are you going with Hoshi?" He yelled and tried to take her from me. She looks like she's getting weaker by the minute. She's unconscious. I held her close.

"I'm taking her home," I told him with a chilly tone. He paused and gave a confident smirk.

"Be my guest. But if she returns, you will then notice how much she loves me." He responded. I looked down at her pale, peaceful, sleeping face. I just want her to be happy because I love her. He let us pass and all of us started running home.

Yui's POV-

Everyone left me at home while they were searching for Taiyo and Hoshi. What if they find them? Would they realise that I was working with Shin and Carla to capture Taiyo and Hoshi? What would happen to Ayato and me then?

Hoshi's POV-

I woke up in my bed again. My body ached. I can't believe I'm back at home again. Ruki was at my bedside.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Do you want to know why I'm like this?" I asked. He nodded as I expected.

"I'm... pregnant," I told him.

"W-What? Pregnant? With Shin?" He asked. I nodded. There was a long silence after that.

"Where's everyone else? Is Taiyo okay?" I asked.

"She's fine. Subaru is with her." He responded.

"She was hurt earlier so I want to see if she's healing up okay," I said. I could feel myself slowly healing and my skin was beginning to return from my sickly pale state to normal again.

"I think I should go to her now that I'm okay," I said and stepped out of my bed.

"No. Don't move. You aren't okay. Please stay in your bed." He pleaded.

"But Taiyo..." I said.

"I told you. She's okay. You need to rest." He kissed my head and exited the room. Why does he still love me? Even though I was in love with two others he didn't change his love for me. I don't deserve to be treated this way. I continued to rest until it was dusk. I then stepped out of bed again and stumbled to Taiyo's room. I bumped into Yui and collapsed on the floor.

"Watch where you're going." She told me and walked right past me without a second glance.

"You worked with Shin and Carla so they could kidnap us. I want to know why." She looked shocked.

"What do you know about that?" She asked me. I picked myself off the floor.

"How else? They told me. So... Why did you help them?" I asked.

"Like I'm going to tell you." She told me. She's afraid.

"If you don't tell me then I'll have to tell everyone about it," I told her.

"You don't have proof." She retorted.

"I have my ways of gathering proof. There's no issue." I told her and continued walking to Taiyo's room. I entered and leaned on the doorframe for stability. Subaru was with her.

"Taiyo. Is she alright?" I asked him.

"She's doing well. She just needs to rest. You do too." Subaru told me.

"Okay. I just needed to check on her." I told him and exited her room. Kou was outside of her room.

"Hey there, Kou." I greeted him.

"Aren't you supposed to be resting?" He asked.

"Yes. I wanted to check up on Taiyo." I told him. Mizuki appeared behind him.

"Hello, Mizuki." I greeted her. I inspected them. They were holding hands. "Hm? Do I sense a close relationship going on between you two?" I quietly teased them. They both blushed. I laughed.

"Well. I'm happy for you two. Congratulations." I hugged them.

"What about you? We heard you're pregnant. Is it a boy or a girl?" Mizuki asked me. The thought of a child made me remember Yuki.

"Is your cousin here?" I asked her. She shook her head. I ran back to the Founders mansion without another word to them. I'm sorry, Taiyo. Shin and Carla were already waiting for me.

"You both knew, didn't you? You knew I'd come back for my son. Please tell me where he is." I pleaded.

"Don't worry. He's safe in his room." Shin told me. I breathed a sigh of relief. He's okay. I ran to his room but the door was locked.

"If you stay with us, we'll let you be with your son," Shin told me. I nodded. They slid the key in and I heard a lock click. I entered the room.

"Yuki. Thank goodness you're safe." I hugged him.

"What happened to Auntie Taiyo?" He asked.

"She's at home," I told him.

"So she escaped? Why are you still here?" He asked me.

"I came back for you. I couldn't just very well leave you here, can I? I care about you." I reminded him.

"You don't look unwell anymore." He said. "Last time I saw you, you couldn't move."

"Yes. I'm alright. What about you?" I asked with concern in my voice.

"Don't worry. I'm okay. I was only kept here." He reassured me.

"What would you say if you had a sister or brother?" I asked him.

"I don't mind it if I had a brother or sister. I'd want to take care of them as much as I can." He told me.

"Are you sure? They can sometimes be a handful. There are responsibilities with children." I reminded him.

"Yes. I'm sure." He told me.

"I think it's time for you to become a vampire. Would you want to become a vampire? If you struggle I'll make sure to take care of you as much as possible." He nodded.

"Yes. I'd like to become a vampire." He responded.

"Remember that becoming a vampire wouldn't change the way anyone would treat you. So if you're doing this to fit in, I'd like you to know that you won't be any different." I told him.

"Don't worry. I know." He answered. I leaned towards his neck and bit him. Once I was finished, he looked slightly happy.

"Well? How do you feel?" I asked.

"I feel fine. Thank you, mother." He hugged me. I heard Shin enter.

"Is he the only reason you came back?" He asked.

"If you're suggesting that I don't love you, that isn't true," I told him. I hugged him and Yuki.

"Okay. I was a bit worried if you fell in love with that other guy." He said.

"Ruki? He's a friend." I replied.

"I know you can see that he's very much in love with you still." He said.

"There's no need to worry," I said, stroking his hair.

"It's time for bed. Goodnight Yuki." I tucked him in bed and kissed his forehead. I walked to my room again with Shin.

TO BE CONTINUED...