A Day in the Life of the Fujioka Family

The morning light shined through the curtains, I peered over at the Haruhi's bed and noticed she was already gone. I sat a little slow, rubbing my eyes, the pulled the blanket off myself and swung my legs around the bed and then got up to make both of our beds. She must have already left to the store. No bother. I put a pair of pants on and a new bandage and went outside. I promised Miss Landlady that I would mow the property and take care of any sort of management outside. As I did so, I noticed some black cars pull up. I kept going but I noticed I kept glancing over to them, when I noticed the guys getting out of the vehicles, I nearly tripped. I fastened my pace and quickly finished the yard and clipped some of the bushes. Making them perfect circles, the last I had looked, Haruhi was talking to them. I'm assuming she already let them inside. I felt sweat come down my forehead as I made my way up the stairs. 

         I swung the door open and decided to look good coming in, I moved my hair at an angle. I made my way over to the kitchen and got some water. "Did you finish, Kane? You finished that quicker then usual." 

         "Well yeah, the hedges didn't grow as much as last time. Gimme a sec, I need to get into something more refreshing." I changed into a different pair of pants and a short sleeve shirt. When I came out, they were in the dining room drinking tea, which was then offer to me. "Hey guys." They waved and made room for me to sit, Hunni was patting the floor in between him and Mori. "Kana-chan and Hanu-chan can pick first, since we showed up without telling them." I simply smiled and went straight to the strawberry one. Just as I was about to dive in, strawberries began appeared on my plate. "You like strawberries right? So you can have mine." I slightly looked up at him and smirked. "Thank you Mori." I dove in happily. Once I finished, I excused myself and went into the kitchen to washed my hands and clean the dishes. The others were discussing lunch options, I knew we didn't exactly have the correct amount of food to feed them all, so we'd probably have to go back to the store again. Haruhi touched my shoulder as she put dishes onto the counter, I went ahead and put them into the sink. When I saw someone walk in, I noticed dad got home. His red hair flowed nicely as he moved it dramatically, Haruhi and, "I'm home, oh why did you leave the door ope-" When I finally looked over, Tamaki was on top of Haruhi. I turned back to the sink and heard a loud bang, Dad had thrown Tamaki to the wall. I shook my head and made my way back outside, I saw Kyoya looking at me as he came back up the stairs. I felt his hand gently caress mine as he past me. 

          Everyone came back inside, we went back to the table in the dining room and sat around it. Tamaki was shadowing again. "I get it, you must be the Host Club I've heard so much about. You certainly are a group of fine looking, young men. I'm not sure which of you I like best. What about you two?" He pointed towards the boys with a big smile. "I tell you what, how about you boys call me Ranka. My professional name is Ranka at the transvestite bar I work at." He went through a few of the guys, saying there names and class, shocking the boys altogether really. "They talk about us?"

         "No, Kyoya told me over the phone."

    "You really are a beautiful person, Ranka.- We've been entrusted to look after his precious daughters. It is only natural that we introduce ourselves and give in periodic reports." I wasn't really surprised at all by this little update, while they seemed to get excited over the subject, I got up and went back outside, standing on the balcony. After everyone decided to follow after Haruhi, I watched as everyone else had past a notice someone was missing. A pair of hands grabbed my hips, scaring the heck out of me. I spun around as quick as possible, Kyoya was actually laughing. I dropped my shoulders and frowned. "That freaking scared me Kyoya. My gosh..." He grabbed my hand again, I looked downward and put my other hand behind my back. "We're going after Haruhi to the market, care to join us?" I nodded and allowed him to lead the way, his hand was still firmly grasping mine. I pressed my lips together tightly, trying to hide my smile.

        Haruhi was doing her own thing, looking for the ingredients for lunch, everyone else was wandering around, messing with everything. This was a whole new experience for them, so I imagine they were doing what they could to make the most of it. Kyoya and I were looking around as well, I was showing him some of my favorite products, letting him experience part of the 'commoners' world. Whenever i was explaining something to him, he would be looking at me, listening intently to what I had to say. At least I could tell he liked me, that made it almost impossible not to smile. I just hope that if I told him the truth about things, he'd still feel that way. "Kane." I set the small box of flavored instant ramen down and turned to looked at him. 

         "Yes?"

     "Would you consider me a well suited boyfriend?" I felt my mouth open for a second, I could feel my cheeks heat up.

      "Well I mean, I don't see why not. You're a wonderful young man, and I imagine you'd bring quite a bit of merit to the girl's family. Why do you ask?" My hands started to get a little clammy, nervousness was eating away at me like me eating sushi, quickly. He smiled and looked at my green eyes, gently grabbing my chin. 

       "Because I want to be yours." I was trying really heard to say the right thing, so many thoughts going in and out of brain.

        "R-Really? I wasn't sure if you actually liked me or if there wasn't anything, because I mean that day we went to the beach and we kissed that night. I just couldn't be sure because-" He leaned forward and kissed me. 

      "You talk a lot when you're nervous, it's adorable." He couldn't seem to stop smiling. "Why wouldn't I like you?" I could feel dad watching. Our lips were very close to one another, I moved my head and kissed him again, my hand moved up to the back of his head, my other hand snaked around his side. We held it for a moment, his arms around me, as if he were afraid to let go. "Sorry, you were just so close, I couldn't resist." He lightly chucked.

        "I was going to make the move eventually, I just wanted to looked at you for a moment." I giggled and held my hand on his face.

         "There's not much to stare at." 

              "That's where you're wrong." He smiled, he must have noticed the others were leaving. He pulled away and took my hand leading the way again while we headed back to the apartment. Dad popped in between us, "Hey you two, how's everyone feeling?" He was smiling looking at Kyoya and then back to me. 

        "Pretty good, dad." Kyoya smile sweetly as a response. Once dad let us go, he walked ahead of us and gave us a thumbs up. "I think he approves." Kyoya nodded and looked back at me.

        "I have been giving him reports, I believe it gives me a little edge." I nodded in agreement. We went up the stairs and sat inside. Haruhi got lunch going, I sat next to Kyoya, our finger tangled underneath the table.