Realization

Ayato's P.O.V

It was currently 11:25AM at school. We were currently in math class, learning.. I don't even know. As I wasn't paying the least bit of attention towards Mr. Kanda and his lesson. After all, I already knew everything that was being taught. 

Even though I have all this knowledge available to me within the blink of an eye, I never participate in class, nor do I involve myself in class discussions and whatnot. 

The same premise applies to test and quizes we receive. Rather than getting everything correct on every test, I just score 70% on every test to stay on the "average-side". 

I don't particularily enjoy unwanted attention, so I do my best to look average and not stand out.

Something I noticed from every test we receive is that we always have a 'bonus question'. Usually if there were a bonus question on a test, it would be something that the students learned, but can lead to complex ideas which leads to students second-guessing themselves.

90% of the time students will try to answer the bonus, but only few would get it right. As it might have a twist which is what makes the question a bonus.

But whenever we receive tests from Mr. Kanda, the bonus questions are all questions relating to the next subject that we learn in that specific subject. Not to mention, that the average student wouldn't understand what the question was asking. 

In other words, it was close-to-impossible for a student to receive the extra point from the bonus question. 

Following this logic, there was going to be a bonus question on every test, including the final exams being held at the end of the year.

Terada, a friend of mine from another class, has the same concept. Hearing this, it wouldn't be an understatement to say that every class was like this.

Was this done purposely by the Principal? Maybe the Student Council? Either way, I don't plan on taking these tests seriously.

That was, until I made that promise with Kei.

Now I had to 'go all out' on every test given. Whether it was Math, Science, History, Modern Literature, I had no option but to ace them all.

Of course, I kept my grades a secret from everyone, including Terada and Kataoka. But everyday after school, I would wait until the Student Council meetings were done to show Kei that I was keeping my end of the bargain.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if someone were to confront me about my sudden growth.

"Now, can someone answer this equation for me?"

I just looked out the window as the seconds ticked by, not listening whatsoever to Mr. Kanda.

"Let's have.. Shiro-kun."

"Huh.?"

Everyone's attention had faced towards me. The amount of attention I was receiving was extremely uncomfortable.

"Can we have you solve this equation? Or at least attempt it?"

What a pain..

I got up from my seat with absolutely no motivation and took one of the pieces of chalk. Not even a second of hesitation had crossed my mind; the amount of times I had done questions like this math equation meet no bounds.

I lightly put down the chalk and sat at my seat again. I can noticed that Mr. Kanda was slightly surprised with how quickly I answered it. 

"Impressive indeed.."