25. The Grandmaster

Wei ying was greeted by a morning,without his Lan zhan to warm up to him. Lan zhan had left him a note next to his bed stating something important came up and he will join him once he is back. Also he had sealed the room and wanted Wei ying to rest.

Wei ying being a butterfly soul, started to feel out of breath the moment he came to know that the room was sealed. But since Lan zhan had done that, he waited without giving it much thought. Thankfully there was food beside the note, with his favorite spicy sauce. Wei ying dragged himself to the bath and enjoyed the food that was prepared for him.

He missed his Lan zhan. He walked around the room to kill time and perched by the window. By the time sleep almost took over him, he heard a commotion outside.

"Wei wuxiannn!. Are you there inside?"

It was jiang cheng whose voice was roaring but only the dear ones would know that it carried worriness.

"A'cheng?" Wei ying knew that it would not make any difference even if he screams inside the sealed room.

"He told you that it's sealed." wei ying heard huaisang reasoning with Jiang cheng.

"You brat, better be safe in there!"

"I will, didi." Wei ying replied in an inaudible voice. And it was quiet again.

'Why would Lan zhan lock me up? Is he in trouble?'

He must wait till Lan zhan returns. He sighed and went back to the bed. He slid his fingers along chenqing and realised that he could play her without anyone knowing. He was glad that the room was sealed with a spiritual barrier, so there was no way his resentful energy would reach others.

Wei ying started playing his chenqing and did not expect the door to flung open immediately within a while. He was shocked to see his Lan zhan rushing to him. In the next minute he found himself wrapped by Lan zhan's arms and his soft lips on his forehead.

"Lan zhan?"

Lan zhan's pov

I love waking up next to my Wei ying. I find it really hard to part from him, getting up from bed. It takes a few minutes for me to pull myself up after staring at his face.

I cleaned both of us and as usual went to the kitchen to prepare food for him, and when I returned back, I saw my brother waiting outside my room. If my brother is here early in the morning, it must be something important.

"I am afraid I have to take you with me to deal with walking corpses."

"Where?"

"The gusu borders. Looks like we are being targeted.Resentful energy is used on the walking corpses, making them so fierce."

"Mn."

Brother did not join me when I entered my room, understanding that I needed a moment with my Wei ying. I wrote a note and placed it neatly next to the food, before I felt the warmth of his hands by holding it. I captured his image in my mind which is already engraved deeply inside me, to make up for the time I would miss.

I placed a seal on the room, knowing very well Wei ying would not be happy about it. From what my brother said about the corpses with resentful energy, I do not feel secure to leave Wei ying alone here, knowing someone out there wanted to abduct him. I do not doubt my Wei ying's capabilities but he is too innocent for the world out there. If he was awake, I would have taken him with me.

It did not take much time to reach the borders by our swords. Brother was not wrong when he said, the corpses were fierce. Bunch of my sect people are here fighting the corpses but nothing seems to work on them. It's time to unleash the powers of Wangji.

They are unstoppable like waves. It doesn't take much time for them to gain their powers after our attack. It's been a few hours. The troupe is getting bigger by time. The strange thing is that unlike the normal walking corpses that attack everyone in their way, these corpses are very focused on attacking the border without minding anything else.

Wei ying. I could imagine how he would have loved to fight here.

"Where is that idiot?"

I hear someone yell.

"Hanguanjun"

I turn to see the annoyed brother of Wei ying. He has come all the way here to check about him. I should have informed them beforehand.

"In Jingshi. It's sealed"

I see him kick two corpses aside with the same annoyed expression, as he walks away. He literally doesn't care about anything other than his siblings. Wei ying must be hungry by now.

I can be back to jingshi soon now that we are almost done clearing the issue. Brother is checking for any possible break in the border.

Again. The next wave of walking corpses. This is not something trivial. We should definitely bring uncle here once we are done dealing with this.

'Wait what?!'

All the corpses are frozen. Just like that. They are more bewitched.

What made them freeze?

And there comes the black smoke and my world halts.

My brother and I wipe them off in one go and when I am sure, nothing is left, I mount my sword against my brother's words.

And here I am, panting in front of jingshi, chanting his name.

I break the seal and the distance between the door and the bed seems so far. I take quick steps, and I take him in my arms.

"Lan zhan?"

My guess was right. Wei ying's chenqing has controlled the corpses. And here my Wei ying looks at me like a confused child, without any idea of how he won the battle against the corpses without stretching even a single muscle.

'He should be named the grandmaster'

"I am here."

"Wangji"

I ignore the voice that is interrupting my time with Wei ying.

'cough' 'cough'

"Lan zhan" Wei ying whispers.

"Mn"

"It's uncle"

"..."