3. Secret Admirers

It was the first day of their classes with new students from other sects. Lan Xichen was supposed to take care of the arrangements, but Lan zhan volunteered. Lan zhan felt he should watch over Wei Wuxian as he is shameless, he convinced himself that was the reason. Lan Xichen agreed since Lan Yi will also be attending the classes and it would be helpful if Lan zhan is there.

Lan Qiren entered the hall and Lan zhan followed. He sat two rows away from Wei ying and Wei ying froze in place as he did not expect his Lan zhan to appear here.

'Oh my goodness, he is here' Wei ying thought, his heartbeat raced madly and his cheeks turned pink.

Wei ying waved a hi at Nie Huisang, his dear friend who sat in the next row. Wen Ning and Wen Qing from the Wen sect sat next to each other and Lan Yi sat next to Lan zhan.

Throughout the class, Wei ying was playing with Huisang, earning glares from Lan Qiren, disturbing Jiang cheng's peace and eyeing Lan zhan once in a while.

The cheerful Wei ying attracted everybody's attention in class and he interacted with everyone. The Wen siblings kept staring at Wei Wuxian, one with unknown feelings and the other with brotherly love. Lan Yi did not take her eyes away from Lan zhan while Lan zhan peeped at Wei ying from time to time. Lan zhan thought to himself that he is doing this to save others from being contaminated by the shameless guy's antics. He noticed Wen Qing's look at Wei ying and he somehow did not like it.

Lan Qiren noticed how Wei ying was disturbing the class, however he could not punish Wei ying as he answered all of his questions without a doubt. But to his satisfaction Wei ying's paperman was caught by Lan Qiren.

"Write Gusu rules 100 times in the library, Wangji, you keep an eye on him," he said contently.

Wei Wuxian was happy like anything, he thanked the heavens for giving him this wonderful opportunity. To stay close to his loved one. He flashed his bunny smile which made Lan Qiren doubt his punishment.

The class ended and the next second, Wei ying was next to Lan zhan with a proud smile.

"Do you remember me?"

"Mn"

Before Wei ying could shoot out further questions, Lan zhan stood up and made his way to the library.

They both went to the library and sat opposite each other.

"Lan Wangji"

Lan zhan kept concentrating on the writing.

"Lan er Gege"

This time, Lan zhan acted like he was busy with writing.

"Lan zhannn" Wei ying loses his patience as he stands up and walks closer to where Lan zhan is. He must get close to his Lan zhan by initiating a conversation he thought.

Lan zhan tilted his face up and gave him a blunt face.

"Can we talk?" Wei ying asked.

They both turned their face to the door when they heard a knock sound. Lan Yi was standing there with a smile. Lan zhan nodded and Lan yi came closer to them.

Wei ying did not mind her "Lan zhan, can we talk?" Lan zhan ignored him and looked at Lan Yi.

"I wanted to talk to you, since we could not talk much last day," Lan Yi said.

"Will continue the punishment tomorrow, you may leave" Lan zhan said looking at Wei ying. Lan Yi accompanied Lan zhan as they walked out of the library.

The next day again Wei ying tried talking to Lan zhan only to be interrupted by Lan Yi. She accompanied Lan zhan wherever he went. The dumber side of Wei ying's brain suggested that he should approach Lan Yi to get to know about Lan zhan.

Today was his last day in the library as he would finish writing the rules. As usual, when Wei ying moved closer to Lan zhan, Lan Yi knocked the door with a smile and this time Wei ying was quick enough to throw his charming smile at her waving a hi.

"Lan Yi, I was waiting for you," Wei ying said.

Lan zhan who remained a statue all along, stopped writing and looked at Wei ying this time, confused by the unusual behavior.

'this is not how it goes everyday,' he thought.

Lan Yi too had a strange expression however she said hello to Wei ying in return. Actually Lan Yi was disturbed by how Wei ying managed to get Lan zhan's attention on their first day of classes. Since her eyes were always on Lan zhan, she could see the fact that Lan zhan noticed Wei ying from time to time which is unlikely of his character. As his bride to be, she should be the one getting Lan zhan's attention she thought. She did notice Wei ying's shining eyes towards Lan zhan. And she decided she should draw a clear line between her future life partner and others, which resulted in her daily visits to the library. After all she gained Lan zhan's friendship through years of trying that has bore its fruit now.

"Can we talk?" Wei ying asked her. Lan yi nodded and Wei ying took her out of the library leaving Lan zhan alone.