11. Got you

It was the next morning after Lan zhan shared his decision with his brother. He was waiting near the student's chambers.

Lan yi came out of her room and she saw Lan zhan standing a little away from the place. From the looks of it she knew he was waiting for her. She felt shy and Lan zhan turned his face in her direction at the moment and their eyes met.

"Shall we?" Lan zhan asked.

"Sure, we can '' Lan yi beamed with joy. Usually it was Lan yi who used to wait for Lan zhan be it in class or in the garden, this really made her day. She was smiling, glancing Lan zhan through side-eye as they walked.

"I wish to visit your parents today after the classes" Lan zhan started.

"Mmn we will" Lan yi replied but was too immersed in enjoying the fact that Lan zhan picked her from her room, she did not ask about his purpose.

"Wangji, you came at the right time. Lan yi's parents are here" Xichen, who was right outside their classroom, said. Behind him were Lan yi's parents and Lan Qiren.

Lan yi's mother hugged them both and together they made their way towards Lan qiren's chambers. Once inside, everyone except Lan zhan, waited for Lan yi's parents to speak.

"Forgive my rudeness, I wish to cancel this engagement" Lan zhan said, making her parents gasp. No one except Xichen expected this.

'My baby brother is bold' Xichen was happy.

"Wangji, what do you mean by that?" Lan qiren asked. He looked at Xichen who had a gentle expression, from that he knew the brothers had already discussed it.

"Forgive me uncle, I do not think I am ready for marriage yet" Lan zhan said politely. As much as he wanted to speak his mind that he cannot see Lan yi as his life partner, he could not hurt his friend.

"How about moving the marriage further to a few years?" Lan yi's mother, who was not ready to give up, suggested.

"Yes, that may work, as you said you are not ready, a few more years would do I think" Lan qiren agreed.

"Uncle, let's hear from brother" Xichen intervened to help his dear brother as he has never once declined the elder's words.

"Lan yi is my friend and I am sorry I could not see her as my partner" Lan zhan stressed giving them the answer looking at Lan yi. Lan qiren and Lan yi's father understood while Lan yi's mother was still searching for words to convince him.

Now Lan yi understood why Lan zhan wanted to meet her parents. She squeezed her mom's hand, whispered that it was okay.

"Mother, I will take care"

No one asked about the reason why her parents visited, due to the situation they were in.

Her mother hugged Lan zhan and Lan yi with tears, Lan zhan felt guilty that he hurt them but that did not change his decision.

He bowed to everyone and left from the place to attend the classes, soon Lan yi joined him.

One day went by just like that. The following day, Wei ying entered the class with his friends and he saw Lan zhan looking at him.

"Lan zhan" Wei ying smiled widely.

Lan zhan, who did not expect Wei ying to smile at him, his lips curled up but did not respond. For the past few weeks, Wei ying never took a glance at his side and stopped being clingy like he used to be in the beginning, now seeing the real Wei ying made Lan zhan happy.

Jiang cheng and Yanli looked at each other and shook their heads. Nie huaisang gave a thumbs up. Though Wei ying did not tell his friends about his feelings, from his actions they knew about his interest.

Wei ying adjusted his position to see Lan yi, who was stopping herself from freaking out. Wei ying could not help but laugh remembering an event from the previous day.

The previous day evening

In the evening, like she warned, Lan yi decided that she must bring down Wei ying. Though Lan zhan did not cancel the engagement due to Wei ying, she did not want any potential threats that could crumble her possible future with Lan zhan. Keeping the threats away, she could make her way again in Lan zhan's life. She was confident about that and so she assured her mom that she will take care of it.

She looked for Lan qiren and found him in the practice ground supervising the students. Before finding him, she saw Wei ying taking the similar route to the backside of the mountain. So this was her right chance to pull the strings.

"Greetings elder"

Lan qiren accepted her bow and asked

"What brings you here my child. Are you looking for Wangji?."

"No uncle, I noticed a strange happening in the mountains and came to inform you" she faked a worried face.

"Strange?"

"I saw Wei wuxian.. before she could complete Lan qiren started walking towards the region. According to him, whatever is related to Wei wuxian must be evil.

She was not sure about how Wei ying used resentful energy, so bringing Lan qiren to the spot was the best idea. Sharing what she witnessed the last time was not the best thing, as that could backfire incase Lan zhan comes to know that she was the one who gave tip.

She walked deep into the woods and saw smoke emitting near a particular tree. She was close to her goal.

"Is it there?"

"Yes uncle"

'But the smoke seems to be different today' Lan yi thought to herself.

As they walked further they heard giggles.

Lan qiren walked faster.

Right as they walked around the huge tree, they saw two figures.

Wei ying and his buddy huaisang were grilling chicken with firewood.

The meat in huaisang's mouth fell down with a thud while Wei ying winked at Lan yi and smiled shamelessly.

Lan yi felt irritated and Lan qiren was happy catching the two for breaking the rules.

Wei ying and huaisang were asked to do headstands until night.

Later that night Xichen visited Jiang cheng, and he came to know about the cancellation of the engagement and the truth that it was Lan zhan who proposed it, thus boosting Wei ying's mood.