°Xiao x Reader°

Title:New Friend
Fluff.
Modern AU.

______________________________________________________________________

Xiao stood under the tree just a few meters away from the school ground.Another hour passed and a new batch of students appeared outside of school, all holding their umbrellas,ready to go home.

The rain was pouring and Xiao didn't bring the umbrella, the only shelter he had was this tree.He stood under it for a long time, hoping the rain would stop at some point.He lives far away, if he tries walking in the rain he will definitely get sick.

The sky was grey and the world looked dead.As if he was watching a black and white movie.Some raindrops would fall on his hair from time to time as he stared into the distance.His back towards the school, he looked at the path in front of him.He needs to go home somehow.

His eyes are half closed,deep in thought and his hands in pockets,trying to create some warmth in this displeasing weather.Even though he couldn't go anywhere,he was relaxed.He closed his eyes and lowered his chin,listening to the rain.

This whole scene looked quite sad to Y/N.

The way he just stood there,helpless and didn't care.He let the cold wind consume him, he didn't move at all.Just listening to the rain which just poured more and more.

-Hey.You don't have an umbrella?

He heard a voice from behind him,something he did not expect.
There stood a girl,her hair nice and dry unlike his, her eyes met his yellow ones.

Xiao did not react,he waited for whatever this girl had wanted from him.His gaze fixated on her eyes,the whole vibe he gave off felt somewhat evil,like he was judging her.But she didn't break the eye contact,she saw that his eyes aren't evil,but soft.

-We can share mine.

Her voice was hard to hear but Xiao catched every word.

He questioned her for a second,this random act of kindness is something he never experienced.And why her?
A smart,friendly,loveable student and a complete loner together doesn't sound right.

Xiao turned his head away,again staring into the distance.

-You can catch a cold.
She says and gets closer,her umbrella now covering both of them.

-Go home.
Xiao said,his voice dry of any emotion,he doesn't bother looking at her.

Rude...

Y/N thinks,but why would she leave him here alone?Does he think she's heartless?

Y/N and Xiao had few classes together and whenever Y/N would look at him, he would be alone.He would sit somewhere in the corner,unnoticeable completely alone.He wasn't shy, he just avoided any kind of interaction.Y/N felt sad for him,she wanted to talk to him numerous times but her friends would tell her not to.They would say how creepy he is and mean,no one wanted to be near him.

This is a good opportunity to finally properly meet him,Y/N won't let it go to waste.

She didn't say anything, she just stood there,staring in the same direction he stares.
But she became impatient.Why isn't he saying anything? Why isn't he co-operating?

Y/N's gaze traveled to his face.She was never this close to Xiao,and just now she noticed how handsome he is.

The way his dark teal hair covers his forehead perfectly and his bright yellow eyes glow in this,at the moment,grey world.They were half closed,without a care in the world.His cheeks were slightly red,who knows for how many hours he stood here.

Suddenly,his eyes met hers,he caught her staring.

-Umm... I like your eyes.

What the fuck-why did you say it out loud?!

She immediately regrets it, hoping that he didn't hear her in the pouring rain,she looks at the ground as if it's the most interesting thing in the world.

Xiao looks at the girl for a moment,then takes a few steps forward.And just like that she runs after him,making sure he stays as dry as possible.

He did not say a word,just kept going,which she didn't mind.

All it took to convince him was a simple compliment? Alright then.

~~~

After very long and awkward silence,the rain calmed down and Xiao finally spoke.

-Why?

-Huh?What?Why what?
She looks at him in panic.Did he say something before this that she didn't hear?

His expression stays the same,unbothered as if he's ignoring her.

-Why do you like my eyes?

He's been thinking about that all this time?So embarrassing...

-Umm...they remind me of many things.
Y/N continues to walk,a slight blush appearing on her cheeks.

-...what things?

-I don't know,sunflowers, peaches,sunsets,lava...
Her voice gets silent with each word as she realizes this sounds like some kind of flirting.

Xiao suddenly stops which makes Y/N's heart skip a beat.

He definitely thinks I'm weird now. Who else stares at someone's eyes so randomly? Only me because I'm stupid.

-Ehh sorry...
She whispers,thinking she said something wrong.

-Why are you sorry?

Y/N stays silent.

-My house is there.
Xiao points to his right,that's why he stopped.This is where they part ways.

-Oh,alright.See you tomorrow.
The girl smiles at him and waves as he turns away from her.
Before she could make a step,she hears his voice again.

-Thank you.

-What?

-Nothing.Bye.

Y/N doesn't think much of it and continues going her way,happy that she made a new friend.

Xiao watches her leave his sight and smiles softly to himself.

-I think your eyes are pretty too.

He mumbles and goes his own way.

______________________________________________________________________

god please send me someone like xiao

Word count:950+