Meanwhile, Jimin's broad smile was vanished long ago. Was it a straightforward rejection? Or a danger warning?

Jimin doesn't know what he should say, ultimately he just nodded his head and Lisa smiled at him again.

After a while, Lisa glanced at Jungkook and Chaeyoung. They were still dancing and Jungkook was smiling like a fool as if Chaeyoung was the only thing he has ever seen with his eyes. She couldn't help but roll her eyes and excused herself from Jimin.

When she was going to walk towards the restroom, Hoseok stopped her. "Mrs. Jeon, your phone has been ringing for awhile now. Would you like to see?" Before entering the party, Jungkook and Lisa had gave their mobiles to Hoseok, that's because Gong Yoo doesn't like people who carries mobiles in parties, especially in family gathering.

As soon as Lisa took her phone, it started ringing again. It was a private number. Thinking it might be personal, Hoseok walked away from there leaving Lisa alone. She confusedly stared at the screen before sliding the green icon. "Hello." There was no response from the other hand, so she again called out.

"Hello, is there someone?" Still, no response came. "Hello? Can you hear me?" This time a little irritated Lisa asked. "Go to hell! I'll hang up now!" Just when she was going to disconnect the call, a manly voice came from the other hand. "Lisa..."

Lisa scrunched her face in confusion. She was sure enough, she has never heard this voice then how did this person know her name? "Who ar-"
"Goodbye." She was abruptly interrupted by the heavy voice again. A goodbye? What was it for?

She silently kept standing on her place and the call was suddenly disconnected. She stared at the screen, stilled on her spot when she heard someone calling out for her name loudly. Before she could even turn around, she was tightly embraced by someone who pushed his body above her and both of them fell on the floor. When she was being grabbed by someone, she heard a louder sound of a gunshot and immediately closed her eyes in fear.

Then, she heard alot of footsteps approaching her and the calm and smooth party hall was now filled with chaos. "Lisa are you okay?!" Gong Yoo shook her shoulder and that's when she opener her eyes.

The first thing after opening her eyes she saw was Jimin, lying beneath her and she was caged in his arms. Soon she realised the attack was for her and Jimin luckily came and saved her.

Jungkook and Chaeyoung were stunned and kept staring at Jimin and Lisa. "Lis, are you fine?" As soon as she got up, she was embraced by Chaeyoung. Lisa hugged her and closed her eyes, she was really scared when she heard that gunshot. Her mind was a mess right now. Who wanted to kill her? What she has done?

Chaeyoung patted her head and when she released Lisa, Lisa was instantly pushed into her father's arms. "Are you fine Lisa? Are you really okay? Tell me if you're hurt!" Her father was too much panicked. "Dad, calm down. I'm fine. I'm totally fine." Lisa calmed him and he hugged her again.

"Security!" Gong Yoo yelled loudly and the head of security immediately ran towards him. He gave them a good scolding for their work and immediately fired them.

After explaining everything to the police on the phone, he thanked Jimin. "Thank you so much Jimin. You saved my daughter's life. If you wouldn't have come on the right time, I would have lost my daughter. Thank you so much."

Jimin was genuine when he helped Lisa. When he saw someone was pointing a gun at her from upstairs, he immediately ran towards her and saved her. He was sure enough if there would be any other girl then Lisa, he would have done the same. "It's okay Jang-in." He shortly answered and turned around but was instantly pulled in Chaeyoung's arms.

"Are you mad? How can you do such a risky thing? Fine! I'm proud of you that you saved my sister. But still, I was so scared. What if something bad would have happened?!" He was shocked to see her crying. Why was she crying? It's not a big deal!

Jimin subconsciously hugged her back and patted her head.

Gong Yoo turned around and glared at Jungkook who was still in a daze. "Jeon Jungkook! What exactly were you doing when this all happened? Aren't you even a little considerate towards your wife? You better give me a good reason for not being there or else I don't know what I'll do!" Jungkook have seen him this much angry for the first time.

Not only Gong Yoo, but Jungkook was also disappointed with himself today. Why wasn't I the one who saved her? I should have been with her! It's all my fault! How irresponsible of me to leave her alone like that! And who the hell was that a***hole who tried to kill her?! That bastard!

"D-dad! It's not Jungkook's fault. He was on a call with his friend so I didn't wanted to disturb him. Actually I...I wanted to go to the restroom and this all happened. No one had an idea something like this would happen, so you shouldn't blame him." Lisa nervously smiled at him and he nodded his head.

"I'll go and fire that shitty security agency right away!" Gong Yoo cursed and walked away, leaving Jungkook and Lisa alone.

••

What do you think about this story? I want some honest reviews 🙃