CHAPTERS 8-10

A new figure comes into the picture. Daphne feels immediately drawn to him and she can't explain it. The man seems to see it too but remains cold. The gang fights with the three pushers since Eric owes them money and Brody suggests taking her in return. A huge commotion starts making Daphne start panicking and she has once more an ugly panic attack. that ends up only with the man's help. He guides her through it and when she calms down enough a big reveal unfolds in front of her eyes. The very guy who she couldn't take her mind of is standing there. Joker.

The two of them leave the scene, his guys taking care of the rest of them. They spent a little time together in the car and then change vehicles. Ethan, who appears to be his friend from the theatre, brings them a motorcycle and soon they are back on the road. Daphne is infatuated with him and the same goes for him too. Finally, he drives her close to a police station and gives her clear directions of what to say, in order to hide their tracks. They share an intimate moment and he promises to find her again.

Daphne follows his instructions and gives a statement to the police since both Khloe and Mikaela went there to ask for help. She changes the story to protect him and lies to everyone about it. 

CHAPTERS 11-12

CHAPTERS 11-12

Daphne comes back to college with a new feeling of optimism from her encounter with him. She finds Mikalea who explains to her that Zoey actually had left the party without informing anyone, after fighting with her hook up (Dylan) and forgot her bag. The realisation that she was never actually there and they went through everything for nothing is hard on them, but Daphne doesn't seem to mind. The fact that she managed to see him again is enough for her.

The girls seem angry towards Zoey for her behaviour even though Daphne tries to bring them together. Soon Zoey focuses her attention on the young new teacher and the two of them will start a passionate affair. (But that's a story for another time. Maybe a book?🤔) 

Finally, her and Daphne speak about the incident and they decide to put it behind. Daphne gets a call from her dad who is on a work trip and the closeness of their relationship becomes evident.

The days pass but Daphne doesn't have any sign of communication with him. She starts to lose hope and her only comfort is a silver necklace with a black stone that he gave to her. Behind it are the head letters of his name. J.W. for Jackson Wald. (drum sound for the name reveal🥁 )

 🚩Here I wanna say a couple of things. A lot of you made a huge fuss about the name. Honestly I don't know what's the big deal about it and unfortunately I didn't get the references some of you used. Maybe because I am a foreigner. Who knows. I don't mind any type of critic as long as it comes from a good place. But comments like ''the name ruined it for me'' and ''I'm leaving the book because of this'' are hurtful. Believe it or not I did a lot of research in order to find names that are unique in a way and it was a difficult process since english isn't my first language. You can stop reading my book at any point. I won't try to change anyone's mind, but at least try and be more polite because we and by we I mean authors in general, put a lot of work here. Please and thank you. 💌