2

TW: Minor mention of rape.

Me: I'm on my way.

I stand from the bed, stuffing my phone and wallet back into my pockets. I reach over and grab my car keys from my night stand and walk outside to my car.

I open the door and settle myself in before starting the engine and turning up the stereo. My eyes are glued to the road, attempting to focus and control my driving. My mind is everywhere.

When I finally get to Wilhelm's building, I park my car in the parking space beside his and walk inside. The place is empty except for the clerk at the front desk and a few security guards standing near.

You can't expect much more from an apartment building at 4 in the morning. One of the security guards nods kindly at me, recognizing my face. I suppose I'm here pretty often.

I make my way into the elevator and type in the new code for Wilhelm's penthouse. He had it change the second he was discharged from the hospital.

The elevator doors close and I feel as it lifts, carrying me up the building. I wait patiently, staring down at my shoes.

The doors open to Wilhelm's home and I walk inside. I take quiet steps once I enter the hallway, approaching his room. The door is closed. I twist the knob and enter slowly. Wilhelm is laying on his back, beneath the covers, staring at the ceiling.

"Hi.." I mumble quietly, lingering by the door.

"Hi." He responds, lifting his head up to look at me. He shifts over, making room for me on the bed before patting the mattress, motioning me to lay down.

I step out of my shoes and walk over the bed appearing more excited than I had meant to. He looks down at me acknowledging my jeans and sweater.

"You can borrow some of my clothes from the closet if you'd like. I think you still have some of your things here as well." I contemplate taking one of his t-shirts for a second.

"It's okay." I shake my head, deciding I don't want him out of my sight. I hastily remove my sweater and jeans, before crawling under the blankets beside him, feeling a chill run through my body.

"You couldn't sleep again?" He asks pulling me onto his naked chest. I lay my arm across his torso and place my head on his shoulder. My bare legs wrap themselves around his, allowing me to feel the soft material of his sweats against my skin.

"I don't usually get much sleep anymore." I respond. "What about you?"

"It depends."

I run my hand up and down his torso. My fingers flinch as they feel his fresh bullet scar on the left side of his stomach. I clench my eyes shut, feeling my face heat with emotion.

"Are you okay?" He asks quietly.

I don't answer. I just turn over and pull him into a kiss. His hands slide down to the dimples of my back, embracing me as I pull myself above him.

"Do you still love me?" He mumbles against my lips.

"I've never loved anyone more than I love you now." I whisper.

"Really?"

"I wasn't lying when I told you. I only wish I would have told you sooner."

"It's okay. I think my ego might've been overly inflated should you have told me sooner." He jokes with a knowing grin on his face. I roll my eyes smiling back.

"Will you take me on a date?" I ask. The humor from his face disappears and he swallows harshly.

"You want to go on a date with me?" His eyes search mine for answers.

"I want everything with you. I'm choosing to be selfish now."

He nods and pulls my chin up to kiss my lips again. I smile, stroking his jaw with my fingers.

"Then I choose to be selfish as well."

"Good." I respond. "I missed you."

"You saw me the day before yesterday."

"I know." He grins at this.

"I missed you too."

"Don't be gross." I roll my eyes. He lets out a deep laughter. I lay down relaxing against his chest.

"How have you been?" He asks.

"Why are you asking me that?" I chuckle attempting to brush off his question.

"For a lot of reasons, Lenora." He responds seriously.

"I'm great."

"You're not sleeping."

"Neither are you."

"I never said I was great."

"Then how are you?"

"Better than you."

"Why do you say that?" I frown lifting my head up to look at him. He shifts around so that I slide off of him. He props his head onto his hand as he lays on his side facing me, and I mirror his actions.

"Everything that happened that night, was directed at you. It was meant to hurt you."

"It was meant to hurt you too. He tried to make you watch him force himself on me." I argue.

"Lenora. He tried to force himself on you." He shakes his head still attempting  to make me understand.

"You were shot."

"I fell unconscious and left it up to you to save me."

"That's not your fault." I shake my head, already tired of this topic.

"Do you think about it often?" He tucks my hair behind my ear.

"Everyday." I respond. His face turns sad. "What do you remember?"

"Everything." He mumbles, playing with the hem of my shirt. "I remember being afraid for you. I remember not knowing what to do to help you. I remember wanting to kill him for putting his hands on you." I freeze at those words.

"I guess you didn't have to." I whisper. He leans forward, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I remember watching you do it." He whispers back. I close my eyes in defeat. It was the one thing I didn't want him to remember. "And thinking about how strong you were for doing it. You're incredible, darling." He holds my cheek with his hand.

"It doesn't feel like it."

"You're consumed with guilt. It's good to have morals. Just don't let the guilt that they provide, consume you in your life." I nod in response.

"What else?" I sniff, as he wipes my fallen tear.

"I remember... You wanting a dog." He puts simply lightening the mood.. I giggle at this. "And children. And... wanting the chance to love me."

"Love you properly." I correct.

"Right." He grins in agreement. I push him onto his back and mount him, straddling his hips.

"Will you let me love you properly, Wilkes?"

Please leave a vote!!:)<3