"Hey, I'm heading to the tower to see Tony. You wanna come?" Steve asked, distracted by the dish towel in his hands.

"Sure! Can we stop and get coffee on the way?" Steve laughed, turning to pull YN in by her waist.

"You know we have a coffee machine, right?" YN nodded, giving him a 'so what?' face. "Okay, okay. Fine, we will stop and get coffee." YN grinned, racing over to pull on her shoes at the door.

Walking into Stark Tower, YN sipped from her coffee, looking around inquisitively. "YN!" A young voice called, grabbing YN's attention making her twirl on the spot.

"Parker!" Shoving her coffee in Steve's direction, who took it with an eye roll, YN opened her arms just in time for Peter to wrap himself in them, his seventeen year old body lifting her own from the ground. "Okay, hot shot, back on the ground."

Peter laughed nervously, a huge smile on his lips. "Man, I've missed you. We have so much to talk about!" YN laughed as he dragged her away, YN grabbing her coffee and waving goodbye to Steve as they went.

"Those two are weird friends." Tony said, startling Steve out of his daze.

"Are you kidding? YN is basically a teenager in an adult's body." Tony nodded, coming to the same conclusion. "Any word on HYDRA?" Tony then shook his head.

"Nope, I could hear a pin drop to the bottom of the ocean, the channel is that quiet." Steve sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm not sure whether that is a good thing or not." Steve huffed out as he walked with Tony to the common room floor.

"For now, I say we take the win. As soon as there's noise, you'll know, Cap." Steve nodded as they walked into the living room, Peter and YN sitting on the sofas laughing loudly.

"And then, Ned asked me if I la-" Steve and Tony drowned the two out as they passed by, strolling into the kitchen.

"Any news on Romanoff?" Tony shook his head again.

"None on that front either, Cap. I assume she's gone off grid so that S.H.I.E.L.D can't track her as she finds this friend." Steve agreed, running a finger around the rim of his glass. "Why the long face?" Tony finally asked after a few minutes of silence.

"YN returns to work tomorrow, and I'm not sure how she's going to go." Tony tutted, leaning his body back to look into the living room to see the two on the sofa still chatting animatedly.

"YN is a tough girl. She knows how to handle herself." Steve agreed, nodding his head.

"Yes, but she's not so good on the emotional front." Steve whispered, cringing at his choice of words.

"Listen, Cap. You can never tell a woman to not do something in fear of their emotion. They have to learn that the hard way, and then you will be there when they yell at you for not telling them not to do said thing. Does that make sense?" Steve looked at Tony in confusion, his eyebrows coming together and his lips forming a pout.

"Wise words, coming from a Stark." A female said, catching the brunette's attention.

"What are you doing up? You are meant to be in bed, docs orders." Tony gasped, coming up to aid a heavily pregnant Pepper Potts.

"Tony, shut up. I'm fine." She huffed. "How are you, Steve?" Tony's eyebrows shot up.

"Steve?" He whispered. "Since when is he Steve?" Pepper ignored him, looking at the blonde for an answer.

"I am very well, Miss Potts. And you?" Pepper rolled her eyes, rubbing her protruding stomach with her palm.

"I've seen better days." She laughed, batting away Tony's hovering hand as she walked to the fridge. "Now, do we have any peanut butter? And celery?" Steve tuned out as Tony started making jokes about pregnancy cravings.

Moving away from the bickering couple, Steve made his way back into the lounge. Crossing the room to sit in a vacant seat near where YN and Peter were still talking. "-and then, we kissed. And I asked her to be my girlfriend and she was all like, 'people still ask that?' and I got super flustered but she laughed and said of course, and we kissed again! And now we are like, together, and I met her dad, he was super scary, but her mom was so nice and she cooked us-" YN looked as if she were enjoying listening to the kid ramble, but she had captured Steve's attention with the way her lip curled and her head tilted back when she laughed.

Feeling the stare, YN turned her head toward the blonde man, lifting an eyebrow. Steve smiled softly, shaking his head at her. "I love you," She mouthed before turning back to Peter who was still rambling along, focusing more on his moving hands than YN, who was slightly distracted by watching for Steve's response.

"I love you, more." He mouthed back, watching her lips turn up as she watched from the corner of her eye.  

Don't forget to drop a vote xo