Chapter 25

YN, Sam and Steve were seated in the waiting room at the private prison, YN's foot tapping on the ground nervously. They were waiting to be seen by the head warden to alert their team to their plan to bring Sam in with them instead of a normal guard.

"Agent 007, it's lovely to see you again!" A feminine voice called, YN looking up to make eye contact.

"Miss. Christiano, please, the pleasure is all mine," YN responded, placing her hand in the offered one in front of her.

"Please, YN. You know I hate all that formality, you call me Meredith." Meredith smiled, turning to YN's companions. "Captain Rogers, Mr. Wilson, it's a pleasure." Nodding her head in their direction, Meredith turned on her heel and started leading the three teammates down the hall to her office.

Now standing in front of Meredith's desk, declining the offer to sit, YN replayed the plan to her. "We have facial technology that will essentially render Sam unrecognizable to Ward. We are wanting him in the room with me whilst I gather the information Ward has."

"YN, I know you aren't hopeless. Why do you need protection?" YN sighed, rolling the discomfort from her shoulders.

"Ward and I have complicated history, he knows how to get under my skin. I need someone in there to prevent that from happening." She said, scratching her neck softly. "We know we can't record anything in there, but Sam will have the standard earpiece all of your wardens have, which will be connected to your computer, giving you access to everything Ward says."

Meredith sighed, leaning back in her chair, her eyes locked on YN. "You know why I can't let you do that, YN."

"Meredith, this man bypassed every defense S.H.I.E.L.D had and nearly had Coulson killed, twice. The rights he thinks he has, ceased to exist the second he decided to manipulate Fury, Coulson, Agent Hill and me. S.H.I.E.L.D helped raise him, and he stabbed us in the back without a second thought. He killed Victoria Hand, without a second thought, Meredith c'mon. She was your friend too." The warden's face hardened at the mention of her deceased leader. Nodding her head, Meredith motioned for YN to continue. YN moved over to her briefcase popping it open. She could feel three sets of eyes on her as she brought a flimsy piece of material close to Sam. "Sit." She ordered, leaning over his broad body, getting close to his face. YN placed the material over his head, slipping it over his face.

"He still looks the same." Steve commented, eyebrow raised in YN's direction.

"Patience, Rogers." Steve rolled his eyes leaning over YN's shoulder as she tapped on her laptop. "Presenting, Damuel Dilson." YN joked, hitting the enter key. Everyone turned to Sam to see his face changing, a completely new set of features taking place of his old ones.

"Why do I ever question you?" Steve muttered, eye wide.

"Beats me." YN retorts, making everyone laugh. "Right, put this on and follow me." She says, handing Sam an earpiece.

Entering through the side door, YN schooled her features, sliding into one of the provided chairs and awaited Sam and Grant's appearance. The door on the opposite side of the room opened, and Ward entered, with a disguised Sam holding his elbow. Grant looked horrible, he had lost weight and the skin under his eyes was a hollowed grey. YN didn't flinch, waiting for Sam to shove him down into a chair, lightly tapping her foot.

"YN." He breathed, looking relieved at the sight of her.

Confused, YN blinked and cocked her head. "What do you want, Ward?"

"I miss you." YN blinked again, frowning.

"You miss me? Why now? You didn't seem to miss me when you were on the run with HYDRA." She sneered, foot back to tapping on the ground. Reaching across the table, Grant tried to grab onto YN's hands. YN retracted, but not before catching sight of some pretty horrific scars on the man's wrists, along with some that looked pretty fresh. Following her line of sight, Grant slumped in his seat.