Chapter 19

Four hours later, YN was sat back at the computer, monitoring surveillance on Grant's previous routes. She watched as he entered Grayson's bar, his hand lifting to greet someone. YN felt someone enter the room she was in, but didn't turn her head to see who it was, choosing instead to skip forward to watch another encounter.

"YN?" Peter said, trying to gain her attention.

"Hey, Parker. If you need something, go ask Tony or Banner, I'm just in the middle of something." She huffed out, eyes never leaving the monitor.

"Mr. Stark asked me to come see if you were okay." YN sighed, finally looking toward the shy teenager. As her eyes connected to soft brown ones, her strong façade broke and she had to push to keep her emotions in check. "Um... Do you want a hug? Or I can leave you alone? You probably want to be left alone. Sorry." YN smiled, nodding her head towards Peter.

"I'd love a hug, kid." She whispered, opening her arms as she stood. Peter walked into her embrace, wrapping his lanky arms around her waist as YN wrapped her own around Peters shoulders, not noticing that she had to reach onto the tips of her toes to do so. Again, YN had to fight back tears as Peter settled in her arms. Pulling back, YN ruffled Peters hair as she sat back down. "So," YN started. "Did you do what I said?"

Peter frowned, wracking his brain for a task he may have forgotten. "... no?" He murmured, his eyes widening.

YN laughed at his slightly panicked look, waving him off. "Did you ask out MJ?" She said, earning a choked sound from the younger boy.

"Wha- no! I can't. I don't- no way!" YN laughed again, patting the seat next to her.

"Calm down, I was only wondering." Peter moved into the seat by YN, eyes scanning the screens before them.

"What are you looking for?" YN sighed, leaning back in her chair as she resumed the footage.

"Ward mentioned a 'Commander' and I have no idea who it is. I'm retracing his steps to see if I can get some information on him." YN said, following the movement of Ward leaving the bar.

"Why a bar?" Peter said, sitting up straighter in his chair.

"He's not going in for a beer, the owner sells weapons on the DL." YN responded.

"How many times does he go?" Peter asks, narrowing his eyes as he watches Grant enter again on another occasion.

"Maybe three more times." YN replied, rubbing a hand down her face. "I've reviewed every time he went in and can't see anyone out of the ordinary follow him."

"Has he ever actually left with weapons?" Peter comments, watching again as Grant left the bar, once again empty handed. YN sat up in her seat, replaying every time Grant entered and exited the building.

"Parker, I could kiss you right now!" YN said, lifting her body from her chair quickly.

"I mean you could-" YN raised her eyebrows, a small smirk on her lips. "Too young, gotcha." Peter mumbled with a click of his fingers.

Laughing YN exited the room, heading straight to the conference room. "Parker, can you let Stark and Cap know I'm calling a meeting with Fury and need everyone there." Peter nodded, splitting from YN as she briskly continued down the hall.

Fifteen minutes later and Fury was sitting in his office chair, YN and the others watching him on a screen. "So, your theory is; Grayson Richter is the Commander?" Fury said with a raised brow.

YN nodded, opening another screen and sharing it so that Fury could see what she was showing the others. "I was reviewing footage of Ward entering and exiting the bar, seeing if anyone suspicious would join him. I didn't notice anything out of the norm, before Parker had an idea." YN turned around and faced the others. "He motioned that, not even once did Ward leave with a weapon. If he was going in there to purchase weapons, where are the weapons? There isn't any hiding in the apartment he'd leased?"