ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 3

⪻Ana⪼

"What do you think boy, has Freddo lost his bloody mind too sleeping with my mother?

I asked Diavolo who was sitting down beside my Jacuzzi with his head on the rim of the tub. The bath was filled with bubbles and salts and minerals. This was a much-needed break after the last two days following my return from Vegas. I had a glass of wine in my left hand with occasionally patting Diavolo's head with my right. He always stays by my side when I take long baths almost like he thinks I'll drown if I didn't have his supervision. Well, he doesn't know his mamma really well if he thinks so.

Marco handed me the weirdest job I have ever done in my 9 years of working for the Costa Nostra

Marco handed me the weirdest job I have ever done in my 9 years of working for the Costa Nostra. I wasn't even allowed to question why or what. All of us were to an extent Freddo's dogs including Marco. What he says, we do. The consequences of not following an order are always dire. That doesn't stop me, or the people whose loyalty lies solely towards me, from doing it nonetheless. Vito was nothing but friendly for as long as I can remember even after everything Freddo has done. Vito was my father's partner in many of his business endeavours. Legal or not. Until Freddo took charge. He cut all the ties we had with each other and took hold of everything my father and Vito made together. We were pretty amiable on the outside towards each other but since his son's return, we stab each other's backs from time to time for fun for the last three years. They do something and we react, we do something and they react; it was an endless cycle of harmless attacks and counterattacks. But not so harmless for the buttons whose lives with which we play our little game. However, they chose this life so they have to suffer the cons along with the perks too. But this job was different and strangely enough, I can't wait to figure out what's in it for me in this game of chess. 

I know Freddo's plotting for something I'm kept in the dark about. I did everything we planned just for the hell of it without any prospective gain to our side or a loss from theirs. Like acting on the stage for an audience. Only I knew that the target audience here, was not a fan of this kind of entertainment and a retaliation can be anticipated once they realize who was behind it. Vito must be getting jittery knowing one of his cargos was intercepted without getting any of the load seized. He may not be a fan of wars anymore but now that his son is taking care of half of the business, anything can be expected. And I'm so looking forward to it.

I finished my wine and was about to pour one more glass from the bottle I kept on the cupboard near the tub when the door to my bedroom was barged open and not long after, there was a knock on my bathroom door. Diavolo's head perked up and he stood stiffly guarding me with his life before he sensed who it was outside the door. He relaxed and assumed his previous position but now laid his head on my shoulder. 

"My baby was worried about me huh" I cooed into his ears and he started giving me slow licks on my cheeks and neck. "No honey stop it your practically eating soap." He listened to me and laid his head back down on the rim of the tub again.