Chapter 64 - A Fight For Dominance

Comenzar desde el principio

"Which is true," I reply with a small smile.

"Yeah. Last year, at Christmas, I told him that we'd met in Boston in November, and he... got pissed," Cam explains in a chuckle.

"Why is that?"

"If you were with Ronron, you could have called me and I'd have been able to speak with him, just a couple minutes!" Cam grumbles in an exaggeratedly high-pitched voice.

"Aww, that's so cute!"

"I promised him a phone call next time we'd meet, and..." he carries on, wariness back in his voice as he cautiously looks at me, "he doesn't know you're here this weekend, so if you're not comfortable to speak with him, I just won't tell him that we met again, but..."

"You made a promise, Cam, let's hold it," I reply firmly. "Why in the hell would I be uncomfortable speaking with Sony?"

"Dunno... he's still a baby..."

"He's not a baby. He's 9!"

"I still see him as a baby... my baby brother."

"Jeez, you're worse than parents who refuse to see their children grow up," I laugh out. "Sony's growing up, and he'll soon hit puberty and adolescence. Wait till he brings you his first girlfriend."

"Ugh, shut up. Anyway... would you like to talk to him?"

"Of course! I'll soon have to leave though, so let's get ready and pack up first."

It doesn't take long to shower, dress up, gather all our respective belongings and stuff them into our bags, and soon enough, we are back on a bed, Cam holding his phone.

"I hope mom won't be in a mood to talk for ages," he grunts as he dials up and waits; and then his face brightens like it rarely does. "Hello, baby. How are you?" he asks, so I guess Sony answered. "I'm good too. Where's mom? ... Groceries? Oh ok... How was your week at school?"

It never fails to amaze how Cam's expression radically changes whenever he is around or speaking with his younger brother. It almost feels like I am facing another person, when deep down, I know I'm not. Despite what he keeps saying, Cam has a heart, he can be sweet. He just needs to learn to let that side of him control the other side, and I hope that seeing a therapist will help him.

"Hey, Sony, I've a small surprise for you. You ready?"

"..."

"Just hold on, baby," he coos, handing me the phone.

"Hello, Sony Buddy," I say, and I swear that I hear him gasp on the other end of the line.

"Ronron!!!!!" he squeals "Are you with Cammy?"

"Have a guess, Sony," I chuckle.

"I'm glad to talk to you! How are you?"

"I'm good, enjoying a weekend with your big brother."

"You coming back to Collingswood?"

"Err... no, I'm flying back to Los Angeles in a couple hours. How have you been?"

"Good. Been doing good at school."

"You sound sleepy. Did you just get up lazy buddy?"

"Yep," he giggles. "I'm doing breakfast."

"What are you having for breakfast?"

"Sony eggs and yogurt," he replies, making me laugh.

"You mean sunny eggs?"

"No, Sony eggs, they're better."

He is so fucking cute. I love this kid.

"You'll have to make me some one day, then. What are you up to today?"