26 ➷

Taehyung's Pov

"How long's it been?" Jungkook couldn't help but put on a lazy smirk, again as he looked at the books on the shelf, making it seem like he was interested it them.

Wow, faker.

"Who knows!" The lady laughed, then she glanced over Jungkook's shoulder, finally noticing me, "Oh, hi!"

"Oh right." Jungkook smiled as he turned his attention to me, his brown eyes having a hazel glow to them, "Irene, this is Taehyung. Taehyung, this is Irene."

The female reaches her hand out, smiling ever so bright, "I'm Irene, Jungkook's classmate."

"Taehyung." I said with the most uninterested voice I could pull off, I shake her hand quickly before letting go and grabbing the nearest book in sight, scanning it slowly.

"Anyways," Irene ignores my awkward presence, "what brings you to Daegu, Jeon?"

He smiles, then laughs, then he sighs.

I just wanted to slap him! But I don't know why.

"I got stuck here," he says, "and now I'm staying with Yoongi hyung and his housemate." He doesn't ever spare a glance at me, wow!

"I see." She smiles, "I came here with my boyfriend—"

"—What!?"

I flinch at the sudden gasp of Jungkook, dropping the book onto the ground, making a loud thud.

"Jungkook, stop being so loud." Irene whispers as he waves the staff bye out of their way, "You're gonna get us kicked out."

"No, you don't understand," he suddenly has a tone of begging. He grabs her shoulders before making her face him, "Irene, I have a crush on you!"

"Jeon..." she sighs, "you're the one who doesn't understand- you and Jongin."

"But why?" He suddenly sounds like he is desperate, and for what? For love?!

"I'm perfectly happy with who I have, so you should stay away." She sounds fierce and annoyed, I wouldn't mess with her.

Jungkook gets on the ground, putting his hands in a prayer form as if he was begging his mother to let him play outside. "But I've been chasing you for such a long time, you can't just—"

"—Exactly! You've been chasing me for so long that you lost yourself in the process."

And suddenly, Jungkook's glowing hazel eyes turned to a sad, dark, and empty void.

"Jeon, I don't like you, but I appreciate all that you did to grab my attention." She said with a smile, it's so tight it may seem like she's forcing her lips upward, "It's time you move on."

"But Irene." He begs.

This is pathetic. My chest begins to hurt and I don't understand why. My hands start to tremble as I held onto the book, looking at it with anger as I eavesdrop. I can't stay here any longer.

I put the book back to where it belonged and walked to the cashier, I pay for the pieces of cardboard, eyes starting to form bubbles of water.

Why oh why do I have to fall for someone who doesn't even like me back?! Why?!

"Sir, here's your bag, sir?"

The male staff looks at me with concern. "Are you alright?" He looks at me with confusion.

"Ah, yes, I'm fine." I grab the paper bag from him and give him the money, sighing.

"Is your friend over there leaving anytime soon?" He asks as he points to Jungkook who was practically sobbing on the floor, and Irene who gives him an annoyed and angry glance.

"I'm not sure," I admit, "I'll be leaving."

"Sir—"

I walk out of the store with the paper bag in one hand, the other clutched into a fist as I walk onto the street.

Why do I feel this way? I don't wanna feel this way. I don't wanna LOVE Jungkook. Stop it, stop it, stop it, heart. Listen to your mind, Taehyung, you HATE him. Ever since he got here all he did was annoy you, get you in trouble and made you end up in the hospital.

Don't be a fool again, Taehyung. Don't, don't, don't.

As I reach the Playground, I reach my hand out to the gate handle. My eyes closing as I take in deep breaths. I won't let him or her ruin my day, I'm going to fix the merry-go-round with my friends and I'm going to forget about the rest of the world.

It didn't matter, nothing matters.