11 ➷

Jungkook's Pov

Cough!

I sigh. "Hyung, go buy medicine." I said.

Yoongi hyung shakes his head, "Medicine is too expensive. Im fine." He said, giving another cough after.

I roll my eyes. "Whatever, you're the one suffering, not me." I said.

I take out my phone and sit down beside Yoongi hyung on the couch. I open my phone and type in my password before I open the messaging app.

"Irene. Please talk to me. I can explain! I can change! Please reply as soon as possible. This is Jungkook."

I sigh. Delivered thirty minutes ago. Why isn't she checking my message? Maybe she got in trouble and couldn't reply!

Or maybe she just doesn't wanna talk to me anymore.

You see... Irene is my crush. She's been my crush ever since I started school at Busan. And I've always thought she felt the same. Not until I confessed last month and she totally ghosted me. She said Im too careless and I care more about myself than others. Like what?! No, I don't! I care about others just as much as I care about myself.

Okay maybe that isn't a hundred percent true... yeah I quit. I do care about myself more than others. But she could have at least given me a chance instead of ghosting me out like that!

Plus; I've made sacrifices for her. Like this. The only reason Im here at Daegu is because I heard from her friends that she will be staying here over the summer. Well now that Im here not only can I not find her— but Im stuck in this city until this stupid virus is over.

I don't deserve this.

I roll my eyes and click on another contact. I quickly type a message and clicked the Send button once I finished typing.

"Hey Kai. Im stuck at Daegu right now. How's Hawaii? Gosh, do you know about the virus? Please reply, Irene is still ghosting me. This is Jungkook."

Kai is my best friend. He is kind and smart. A great dancer too! His parents are rich, like really rich. He's at Hawaii right now this summer, he invited me join him but I took down the offer for Irene. God— the sacrifices I make for her.

I see Kai immediately get online and see my message. Finally! Someone I can talk to.

He is typing... and... boom!

"Yo. Hawaii's amazing! You should've come with me. You suck :(. Lol you're stuck there? Karma. Yeah the virus virus virus. Whatever. Oh and Irene? You don't stand a chance with her, dude. Didn't she like— reject you already? Stay cool."

Seriously— why did I expect a normal answer.

"She didn't reject me... I think."

She actually didn't! She just ignores me, technically that's not rejecting, right?

"She totally did. Anyways. Hows Daegu?"

Meh.

"Eh. It's fine I guess, Im staying at my cousin's house— Min Yoongi. Im roommates with this guy that lives with my cousin."