"Rodolphus, that is rude," Pandora chided.

"Pandora, it is a house elf," Rodolphus raised an eyebrow, "I do not need to be proper."

"Doesn't mean you shouldn't be," she shot back.

"Your eyes are red," he frowned, "have you been crying?"

"No," she shook her head quickly.

He didn't look convinced.

"How can I help you? Rodolphus?" Pandora sighed, sitting down on a bench.

"I've come to offer my arm," Rodolphus said hesitantly, "to walk you down the aisle since Father....well, you know."

"Rabastan is supposed to do it," Pandora said quietly.

"Pandora, I'm sorry, but Rabastan can't," he shook his head, "you know how his head was affected, he no longer cares for you, I'm sorry."

"No, he has to get better!" Pandora cried. "He'll get better! You'll see!"

"Pandora!" Rodolphus said sharply. "Lying to yourself will do no good. Rabastan is gone, he is no longer himself, he doesn't care about any of us, the only thing that concerns him is the Dark Lord and destruction. Now, do you want my arm or not?"

"No," Pandora whispered, tears streaming down her face, "I'll walk myself."

"Very well," Rodolphus fumed, storming out of the room.

She cried.

She knew Rabastan changed after that night, but it had never seemed to register in her head.

He was her brother.

Her brother who was always there, her brother who only went down this path because of her.

Her brother who was tortured and now couldn't register his morals, his family...himself....and it was all her fault.

There was a knock on her window, startling her.

She rushed over to see Regulus perched on her windowsill.

She shrieked and quickly closed the blinds on him.

"Pandora!" His muffled voice came through the window, "let me in!"

"No!" She yelled, frantically trying to unzip the back of her gown, "it's bad luck to see me in my dress before the wedding!"

"Come on, Dora!" Regulus laughed, "you can't actually believe that! Come on, let me in."

"Fine," she huffed, pulling open the blinds and then the window, "but only because I can't get it off by myself, if our marriage is cursed, know that it's your fault."

"Our marriage won't be cursed," he smiled, kissing her as he climbed into the room, "you look stunning, Love."

"Thanks," she smiled.

He ran a thumb across her cheek, "have you been crying? You can't cry in your wedding dress. What's the matter?"

"Just my brothers is all," she smiled sadly, "nothing to worry about. Why are you here?"

"I had a meeting with your mother about last minute details," Regulus said, "she thinks I've left, hence why I came in through your window."

"Unzip this, will you?" Pandora asked, turning around and moving her hair over her shoulder.

"I sent an invite to my brother," Regulus whispered as he unzipped her dress, "I know he can't come, but I just wanted him to know. I think...I think he would be proud of me."

"Of course he is," Pandora turned around to kiss him, "will you stay tonight?" She asked, pulling on more comfortable clothes.

"Of course," Regulus said, sitting on her bed.

"I've still got to pack," Pandora sighed, sitting besides him, "tell me again about the house."

"It's a tower, on top a hill in Ottery St. Catchpole," Regulus started, his eyes lighting up, "it's surrounded by gardens and you can go on the roof and look at the moon, oh Dora, is just perfect, I can see us starting a family there, you'll love it."

"A tower," Pandora hummed, "a little non traditional, isn't Ottery St Catchpole both muggle and magic?"

"Precisely, nobody would ever think to look for us there," Regulus said, "and there's so many kids, our kids will always have someone to play with. Come, I'll help you pack."

A family was built in that tower, it just wasn't his