9

This app has been acting weird and it scares me

Alexa play Wa Da Da by Kep1er bc it's the first debut of 2022!

—————

Chan knocked on the vocal studio's door at exactly 7pm, his head peeking in as the angelical voice he was hearing from outside stopped abruptly, along with the music.

"Can I come in?"

Jeongin smiled a bit, nodding.

"Sure, please tell me you didn't hear much?"

"I didn't. But I loved what I did hear."

The younger frowned, turning back to the sheets to put the away, but a hand stopped him as the door closed behind the leader.

"What?"

"Sing for me."

Jeongin's stomach curled up.

"N-no, I'm not read-"

"I'm sure you are."

"The coach says-"

"The vocal coaches are always ready too be too tough, I'm sure you sound fine."

The younger panicked as Chan played the track, his chest starting to rise too fast.

"No, I can't show it already, I'm not ready to go up the note and-"

"Innie.", Chan raised a hand to caress the younger's face, pulling him slightly closer. "You got this. Just don't think about it."

The younger stared at Chan's eyes, feeling the knot on his throat grow, as his stomach eased a bit, only to curl up again, but for a different reason.

He could feel the leader's faint ghosts of breath on his face, their noses too close for the tension to ease.

He could hear the last notes of the introduction, letting his voice come out softly as Chan let go of him, never pulling away.

The younger looked down a bit, letting himself get lost in the melody, Chan's hand moving to caress his own.

He sang with his eyes glued to the hands on his lap, knowing the lyrics by heart, knowing Chan by heart.

He didn't worry that his voice was not good enough, that his high notes were not right there, that he could stutter in some lyrics or sing out of time or tone from time to time.

He didn't worry that he was not good enough.

He worried about Chan's hand in his.

He focused on the thumb that drew circles on the back of his hand instead of the part of the song that scared him the most.

He focused on the gently wrapping of Chan's fingers around his own instead of the few days left until the deadline for the record.

He focused on Chan, instead of himself.

And he knew he was doing good.

He felt it.

The last notes echoed in the room for too long as their eyes met again, and Chan found himself immersed in the younger's gaze in ways he should never have allowed himself too.

"I hope you know how amazing you are.", he whispered, feeling the exact moment things went back to normal, as the younger let his head fall in his shoulder, cutting the tension with a giggle and bringing them back to reality from whatever dimension they had been lost at.

"Don't say that. I'm sure I made some mistake-"

"Nop. None at all, you sound like you ate a CD. Innie, you have to trust me." The younger pressed his lips into a thin line, nodding. "Plus, we all make mistakes, it's more than normal. I make them too. A lot of mistakes."

Jeongin scoffed.

"You make no mistakes. You're perfect."

Chan poked his nose, smiling sadly.

"We all make mistakes, Innie."

And if the younger didn't stop looking at him like that, he would definitely be making one soon.

"I'll pretend I believe that. Can we go out to eat?"

Chan chuckled, leaning in to kiss the younger's head before they got up and he could not reach it anymore.

"Of course, get your jacket, it's cold outside."

They left the company talking, and the younger knew he could never be as happy as he was in that moment.

He loved the way Chan held his hand, pulling him through the crowned streets, passing by the same spot they almost lost him, as if nothing had happened.

They ignored all social media, all images about the incident, the fans got a statement saying he was fine, no bad things had happened, and it passed on as a simple accident that made the leader show his soft side because of how worried he was with the maknae.

Good enough for the cameras.

But right then, they were not the leader and the maknae of Straykids.

They were just two people, holding hands in the night, walking in the middle of a run, like the rocks on the river, slowly watching the flow go by.

Chan squeezed his hand as they got in the street, pulling him close like a child and not letting go until they finally got to the other side, the Han river in front of them, serving as a painting of the moon, for those who wanted to touch it, rather than see it.

Chan pulled the younger to sit down on the grass.

"Weren't we going to eat?"

"It's not 8pm yet, let's wait a bit."

"But I'm hungry.", the younger pouted, still sitting down. "Any reason in particular?"

"You."

Jeongin furrowed his eyebrows.

What did he have to do with the river?

"What?"

"You, Innie. You're the reason.", Chan didn't look at him, he kept his eyes focused on the river.

"The reason for what?"

Chan sighed.

"Everything."

—————

I didn't revise this but heh