Chapter 37

(Sorry for the accidental update! This is the real one! Enjoy and share!)

"You were told not to strain yourself, Aiden." Jessie sat in the chair across from the bed, glowering at the older male who was laying down with Elijah pressed against his side. The young male was awake but hiding his face with flushed cheeks.

"I didn't strain myself." Aiden rolled his eyes as he massaged his temples, waiting for the medicine provided by the nurse to kick in. His headache was a little bit worse than the previous day, but the doctor's had checked him once more and found nothing wrong aside from his concussion. He was given medicine to help his headache, though Jessie speculated what had caused it to get worse.

"You had sex!" Her words were accusatory, and Elijah's face deepened in color as he refused to look at her.
"And more than that, the nurse's heard you!" Elijah did not think he could grow any more embarrassed. He held tightly to the gown Aiden wore, his face hiding in his chest as he pouted.

"Jessie," Aiden scolded her as his fingers ran through Elijah's hair.
"I am fine. I only wanted to hold Elijah." He grunted. She rolled her eyes but simply crossed her arms as she studied Elijah and then Aiden.

"Is the medicine helping?" She sighed finally causing Aiden to nod. Indeed, his headache faded since having taken the medicine.
"Good, you just need to take it easy. Take your time on healing and this time you need to actually rest."

Aiden nodded in understanding, chuckling quietly. He was content enough with having held Elijah again, having been able to take the male and hold him close to him. It was all he needed for the time being and hopefully he would be better soon enough.
"I'm going to be fine."

"What about you, Elijah? Are you okay?" She turned her attention to the small male. The young male appeared surprised by the question, his eyes flickering up to her before he gave a small nod.

"Don't scold Aiden. I am glad." He said quietly, his cheeks still flushed in color. She appeared surprised before she laughed quietly, giving an understanding nod.

"Just stay safe you two." She laughed as she stood and made her way for the door.
"Elijah, I would like to see you again soon." She added before pulling it closed behind her, leaving the two alone.

"Any word on Jamison?" Elijah asked once she was gone, biting her lip. There was a moment of hesitation before Aiden gave a small nod.

"The doctor stopped by this morning while you slept. They cannot say for certain yet, but they stopped the bleeding. He is in the ICU." The male explained.

"Can we visit him before we go home?" Elijah asked pleadingly. Aiden gave a small nod, gently stroking his hair.

"Let's get dressed and I will talk to the doctors." Elijah did as told obediently, making his way to the bathroom to change. When he came out, he found the room empty indicating Aiden had left to talk to the doctor as he said. He sighed but quickly gathered their stuff into the bags which had been brought for them. Aiden soon returned, offering him a gentle smile.
"We can see him before we leave, but not for long."

Elijah nodded quickly, relieved they would get that at the very least. He was beyond worried about Jamison. Aiden gently grasped his hand in his, guiding him towards the room where Jamison was. The young male bit his lip as they came to it and he spotted Jamison laying in the bed. He was pale and looked fragile causing tears to well up in his eyes.

"Don't cry, love." Aiden whispered quietly, his arms winding around him. His lips gently brushed his cheek as he gave him a tight squeeze.
"Everything will be okay. The doctor's said he is stable, and they will monitor his condition."