Chapter 46

A/N: Wow a rare note before the chapter starts?? Who is this imposter?? Anyways let me cut to the chase, the absolutely AMAZING allthelostboys made an amazing tictok mentioning this fanfic, everyone go check out their tictok account @sanktadaphne she makes edits of things like Harry Potter, Grishaverse, MCU, etc.

_____________________
_____________

".......I don't know why you bother with these Otkazat'sya Alina, it is beneath us."

"Because they are not Grisha? Because they had the unfortunate luck to not be able to manipulate metals or powder, to crush a human heart or heal it, unable to summon wind, water or fire? Sometimes I envy them, they don't have to deal with occurrences like this."

Two voices, that was strange, usually it was only one, everyone else in the room would have been blurry and muffled. The voices continued arguing as my vision started to come to me, I was in the same room as when I last came to my mother but I had just gotten here, my senses had yet to join me. I felt an itching at my nose, a small tingle, no please no, not now. I sneezed.

The voices stilled and my vision cleared, well, cleared as much as it could in the current state of my being. Two people were the only thing in focus, both looking intently at me with curiosity and confusion.

My father's eyes narrowed while my mother's widened, opposites, a voice in my head chimed. My mother and father, man and woman, dark and light, both completely different but together, unstoppable.

I had to remind myself to talk as they both waited, "I- I can come back later, your busy."

"Not at all please stay."
"Stay."

They both said these in time, one sounding like an order, the other a warm invitation, Alina scowled at my fathers words.

The tension and silence in the room was unbearable but I wasn't going to be the one to break it, I didn't even know what to say.

Alina was the one to break first, "How's Genya?" She asked.

A wave of guilt passed over me, I hadn't even asked to see her, hadn't inquired or even thought about her since the boat.

"Perfectly content," my father replied but I could sence the irritation in his voice, what had happened?

Alina blew out a frustrated breath, "Just tell me where you are, it would rid us both of this back and forth."

He crossed his arms, "An interesting proposal and exactly the reason you are not suited to politics love, why on earth would I do that?"

"You have my child with you," she tried.

"Alas she is also mine."

"She, is also her own person," I added.

My father waved a dismissal hand, "You're still a child, you legally can't make your own decisions."

This time it was my turn to cross my arms, "I think we've gone past the point of legality, both politically and the laws of nature."

He shook his head in an imitation of a laugh, eventually he looked back up, "I never asked, why are you here, Rena?"

"You're right, you didn't ask, let's keep it that way," I retorted. Off to the side I heard Alina unable to keep in a snort as my father had a look of astonishment on his face. "Anyways, this has all been well and good but, I really should be off, goodbye." I lifted my hand in a sarcastic small wave, my true intentions hidden from both of their views.