Chapter 5: The Prodigy and the Enigmatic

Start from the beginning

"Regardless, the investigations will lead to nothing, those trolls were completely burned anyway... Although I think that was for the best." Chris explains again while thinking of something at the same time.

He remembers noticing a figure a few hundred meters away from the battlefield, among one of the trees in the forest nearby. The figure completely concealed his own aura, making it near impossible to spot him but as soon as Chris landed, the figure let out little amounts of his animosity which led to Chris' discovery of the said figure. He didn't report any of this in his statements when investigated but he somehow plans to talk to a certain someone and tell that person what he noticed.

"Anyways, you're good to go since you were already questioned. You can apply now to the Adventurer's Guild if you want. Don't worry they won't question you anymore. Walks towards the door. If you want, I can assist you to one of my colleagues there." Chris offers to the two boys.

Hersilia somehow is quite annoyed as Ethan and Raven essentially has their own backers now so even if they fail, Chris could potentially just ask his colleague to let them pass anyway. Either way, she knew that even without one, they would easily pass the tests, considering how strong they both are in the first place.

Ethan and Raven gladly accepted Chris', offer and came with him. Ethan wanted to stay a little bit to ensure that everyone wakes up safely but Hersilia assures him she will take care of them so he left after. This is Ethan's first meeting with Chris but Raven already knows the guy after he met with him back in the alley where Ethan fought the Drigurd Family lackeys.

"This guy is an important figure in this city. He says he is only a blacksmith but before his job now, as an Adventurer, that might be when he made all his connections which led to everyone respecting him even until he retired. Most Adventurers who do so either get harsh treatment or just regarded as regular civilians after, no matter how high-ranked they were... He might have achieved incomprehensible feats back in his day... Considering that strength and magic from before, he must be a former A rank adventurer or even S rank... Better stay away from his bad side." Raven's thoughts are flooding his mind right now as he deliberately stares at Chris' back.

Chris of course notices Raven's never-ending stare but he didn't bother as he knows the latter is only piecing everything himself which in fact, amazes him.

"Perhaps his intellect is greater than him... A figure appears inside his head. These guys really are promising." Chris ponders and smiling. He seems to be happy for his friend, Shireen since her wish kinda came true at some point.

Their walk took almost an hour with lots of chats. Ethan is the only one happily talking with Chris though. Raven simply barges in when an interesting topic is brought or when he
is called by any of the parties. Finally, they reached the Adventurer's Guild. All three are smiling and Chris feels reminiscent again.

All three stepped inside almost at the same time to Ethan's surprise, it feels like he is standing on the base floor of a huge palace. The ceiling is so high up where a large chandelier hangs to serve as light and the succeeding floors can be seen from below. The entrance area's ceiling covers until the fifth floors, thus each floor after the first can be seen like balconies. The stairs to second floor are by the building's sideways but the total width isn't even shown from their perspective.

Each stairs afterwards are located in the eastern-most and western-most sides of the huge building. The first and second floors are 30 meters in height and the succeeding floors are of decreasing amounts until its highest being sixth floor. There is at least another 10 meters above the ceiling where the crest of the Guild is imprinted, not housing any of the floors. The uppermost area cannot be seen from the base floor and can only be accessed through a teleporter from the third floor.