Ch. 3 || Mistake or progress..?

John POV :

'I'm going to dieeee' here I was, looking up at Arlo, he's sleeping and 'god, I don't know how to handle this' I internally screamed, slowly I squirmed our of Arlo's arms and sat up, 'why did he do that..?' I thought to myself putting on my jacket,
"Good morning sleeping beauty" I heard from behind me and jumped,
"A-Arlo! Uhm hi- w-why did you do that!?" I frantically said, 'why am I so stutter -y and flustered' I internally cursed myself out, he just laughed at me, "I thought you'd get lonely up here by yourself John" he smiled at me, softly, and sweetly.. 'he looked so nice when he smiledddddd-' I trailed off of my own thoughts, 'what the hell John, he's your friend, plus it's Arlo, he probably doesn't like guys' I laughed in my head.

Arlo was simply staring at me and smiling, his eyes half lidded, "are you tired Arlo?" I said nicely, being as soft as possible, in case he had a headache or something, 'when did I care this much..?', "Yeah.." he said yawning and getting up, he reached out his hand to me, "Are you going to stand up?", "Y-Yeah" I said embarrassed that I was still sat on the bench, I grabbed his hand and he instantly pulled me into him, 'W-WHAT..!?' I flushed and squirmed as he put his head on my shoulder and his arms around my torso, "stay still, I'm tired" he said sternly, 'his voice is so gravely.. it sound so nice.. ' I blushed and just let him stay there for a bit.

After a while he removed his head from my shoulder and grabbed my wrist dragging me down the stairs and out the front of the school, "where's that drinks shop you go to again?" He said tired, "oh, uhm, it's just down the street, let me show you" I grabbed is hand loosely and tugged him along as we made our way to the boba shop me and Sera visit a lot, 'I wonder why he wants to go here, he doesn't like boba..' I questioned looking back at Arlo briefly, he was just lazily letting me pull him around, 'he's a lot calmer and attached than usual..' he was, he had barely left my eye sight the whole day, apart from after he asked if we we're friends, 'I wonder why he asked that..' I questioned myself.

We arrived at the boba shop and I dragged him to mine and Sera's normal table and sit him down, "What do you want Arlo?", "A coffee.. please" he said wearily, I was about to complain but he sounds like he needs the caffeine right now, to sound a bit more lively. I walked up to the counter and put in my order, my mango boba, and then Arlos coffee, I went back to our table and sat a bit away from him as he played on his arms on the table, looking exhausted. I nudged his head slightly and sat down, " The drink's will be here soon, okay?", "Mhm.." he hummed in response, ' God, he really does sound exhausted..' I stared at him as he balanced his head on his hand, 'Should I try and talk to him..?' I thought to myself in the slightly uncomfortable silence, 'Maybe..' I sighed and spoke up wanting to erase the awkward silence, "Hey, Arlo" I called out to him, I caught his attention and he lifted his head up to look at me, "Yes?" he said, eyes half lidded, "Why did you want to come here, you only ever get coffee" He just looked at me before smiling, 'That's kind of cute- NO! John no!' I scolded myself in my head, 'You don't like him that way.. I guess that doesn't mean I cant compliment him' I snapped back into reality. He was still staring at me, smiling like a giddy idiot, "Because you like it here" He said softly, "and I like seeing you smile John" I just stared, and stared, 'Since when was he this... forward!?' I was flushed, luckily, the waitress came over with our drinks.

She placed the coffee in front of me and the mango boba in front of Arlo, "Here are your drinks sir's, I hope you enjoy!" She gave a small bow and walked off, I stared at the coffee before I heard something slide across the table, it was my boba. However, it was already pierced with the straw and some of it had been drunk, I looked over at Arlo, unimpressed, " Did you really drink my drink Arlo? I wanted all of it!" I pouted, sliding his coffee over to him, he pushed it too the side, "I can give it to you" he cooed deeply, I looked at him in surprise, 'What?' I flushed slightly, 'Does he mean what I think he means..?' my face just kept getting redder and redder, he grabbed my hand and slid me over the booth over to him, he softly placed his hand under my chin and lifted it up to make me look at him, he leaned down beside my ear, "Can I..?" he purred into my ear, a tingle going down my spine, I just nodded, I couldn't speak, 'I-I mean I-I want him to b-but why all o-of a sudden..!?' I questioned him waiting for him to do what he said he would, my face is completely red, my heart pounding as he leans closer to my face, he stopped just before our lips touched, our noses touching and his forehead on mine, 'Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh Goddddd~!' I squealed in my head, ' This is really going to happen.. THIS IS REALLY GOING TO HAPPEN!' I was too busy fan-boy screaming in my head to notice Arlo starting to lean in more, I snapped out of it once i felt his hot breath on my lips, and then...