sixty-eight

a/n: first of two chaps! ps. GUESS WHAT: someone's giving me a car!! GUESS WHAT TYPE OF CAR: it's an old ford fiesta GUESS WHO ELSE HAS THAT CAR: isaaaaaac xD

    "Rise and shine, hunnibun!" came a singsong voice above Jared that Saturday (it was Jared's birthday, and mocks had finished the previous afternoon. They'd gone okay, overall. He was quietly optimistic). He blinked his eyes blearily open a second then closed them against the seemingly blinding light.

    "Fuck the hell off," he groaned, turning over and cocooning himself back into the duvet. The only answer was some gleeful cackling and then a warm weight bounced down onto the bed beside him, hands on his shoulders. It was Isaac, of course it was Isaac, manoeuvring him round with a grin like a wayward angel's.

    "C'mon, princess. Don't wanna miss your birthday ABBA experience!"

    "I fucking hate you."

    "No you don't."

    "Why are you such a fucking morning person, Isaac?" Jared griped, rolling away from him again before prying one eye open in suspicion. "And how are you in my room?"

     Isaac smirked.

    "Cosmo. My favourite Spencer. Happy birthday, by the way."

    "Eurgh."

    "It's traditional to say thanks."

    "Fuck you."

     Isaac laughed then said, almost to himself,

    "You really need to work on your pickup lines, J."

--------o--------

     Soon enough he found himself in the back of Isaac's car, whining about Willa being in his seat.

    "It's cos I know where we're going," said Willa smugly, turning to wave her phone's Google maps in his face. Jared was about to retort when Isaac said amusedly,

    "Calm it, kids. Willa, gonna need your co-piloting skills on this bit."

    Willa faced forward again.

    "Okayyy- erm, so we have to take the first left and that'll get us onto the bypass-"

--------o--------

     As they neared their destination Jared looked round for clues as to where they were going, but all he could see was fields and Isaac smirking in the rear-view mirror.

     Soon Isaac was pulling up and Willa was laughing at Jared's confused expression as they got out of the car.

    "Isaac and I would make ace secret agents, right?" she remarked as Isaac opened the gate to the field nearest the road. He huffed and she slid her arm through his, dropping a quick kiss on his cheek. "Happy birthday, by the way."

    "Thanks Wils," he said, smiling, and looked round the field to see a balding guy stood next to a truck with a trailer and wearing a red shirt with the 'Virgin' logo on the front. The guy raised an arm, calling out a hello that Isaac returned brightly, walking over to him. Jared turned to Willa with questioning puppy-eyes but she just laughed, and they walked over to join Isaac.