20. Yang Qinglian's Secret

Before that day, before what happened on that day, Gu Zechuan didn't use to hate Xia He that much. In actuality, before that day, he actually thought that Xia He would make a pretty decent life partner. And then, soon after he began to have emotions for Xia He, that happened, and since that time onward, he began to see Xia He as a woman as venomous as snakes, a woman who's stop at nothing to get what she wanted through any means possible regardless of what dirty acts she had to pull!

One year ago, he heard with his own ears what Xia He say to her friends. She said, that she exhausted all methods and tricks to be able to marry Gu Zechuan, and all of his money and the social status as Mrs. Gu. She said to her friends that, she didn't actually love Gu Zechaun, that every time when she expressed how much she loved him was nothing more than a facade, a fake make believe, all of it was just to seduce Gu Zechuan into giving her his money and reap the benefits of being Mrs. Gu.

Remembering how it had happened then, Gu Zechuan began to doubt what had actually happened. Thinking back, he only saw Xia He's back, from behind her, so even to this day, there would be no way for him to know if that woman was actually Xia He, or not. But as he looked once again at the letter in his hands, the letter that Xia He wrote to him, he chose to believe in her. She was at the end of her life already, there was no point lying to him anymore.

After some time, Gu Zechuan's assistant Xu Feng knocked on the door of his office. He knocked, and waited, and as he kept waiting for a long time and wasn't able to hear any replied, Xu Feng made the decision to open the door to the president's office regardless. When he came inside and saw Gu Zechuan, looking as though his soul had been snuffed out of him, Xu Feng was shocked. What could possibly have happened to him that made the great Gu Zechaun into an empty shell of a man that he was now?

''Preisdent Gu, there is... something, something that I'm not sure whether I should bring it up to you or not.'' Xu Feng hesitated for a while, before breaking it to Gu Zechuan.

Xu Feng was afraid that he might trigger Gu Zechuan's anger if he spoke up now. It was a well known fact to all who had known him that Gu Zechaun's anger could flare up just about anytime and anywhere. It was as tough decision to make, coming up to him and breaking the news to him.

Gu Zechuan simply looked at him in silence, and after a long time, he finally opened his mouth, ''Speak, what is it?''

''When I went out to run an errand just then, I saw Ms. Yang Qinglian walking very intimately with another man, He even had his hand around Ms. Yang Qinglian's waist.'' Xu Feng said carefully.

Even after Xu Feng had told him about it, Gu Zechuan felt nothing. When he found Yang Qinglian was with another man, he felt nothing. But if it was Xia He who was with another man, he would feel an immense anger and rage flare up within him, as it did that night when he found Xia He had a photo of another man with her. On the other hand, towards Yang Qinglian, he never felt anything of that sort, but that did prickle his pride as a man. Yang Qinglian was actually seeing another man when she professed her love to him?

He never once before had the urge to investigate anything about Yang Qinglian at all. But now, after Xu Feng brought this to him, Gu Zechuan felt that there was definitely something that she wasn't telling him, like that man who was intimate with her, according to Xu Feng.

''Mr. Xu, get to the bottom of it! I want to know everything about Yang Qinglian and that man!'' Sharpness and decisiveness returned to Gu Zechuan's eyes.

''And everything about Xia He, especially all that had happened in these last  three years!''

Xu Feng didn't know why Gu Zechuan wanted him to investigate Yang Qinglian and Xia He. He didn't yet know that Mrs. Gu had passed away.

Apart from Gu Zechuan and Yang Qinglian, no one else knew that Xia He had passed away.

''Yes, President Gu, I shall being right away!'' Xu Feng answered and quickly left the room, with a serious expression on his face. He could tell that for whatever reason, this mattered a tremendous deal to Gu Zechuan. For as long as he had been with Gu Zechuan, he had never seen him with such a heavy expression and despair.

He didn't know what had happened, but instinctively, he knew that Yang Qinglian was with that man, how they acted with one another was very intimate. Not good friends were intimate, but lovers were intimate.

For all these years that he had been working under Gu Zechuan, he never once saw him being this intimate with Yang Qinglian.

So, Xu Feng thought that the man who was with Yang Qinglian must be her secret lover.