18. Halfway through Summer

Chapter eighteen

"I can't wait to throw myself on the bed," Draco spoke as we were getting ready to head home. "I never thought I would be so excited about sleeping."

"I'm glad at least one of us knows how to apparate. I don't think flying on our brooms would be safe after staying up all night," I chuckled, looking at how Draco was barely standing on his feet.

After saying goodbye to Everett and Willow, as well as thanking them for the eventful night, I grabbed Draco's hand. In a blink of an eye, we were back at the Manor.

"I will see you in a few hours, Cassie." he waved his hand and headed to his room.

"Sleep well," I giggled and looked at his person slowly disappeared from my view.

Perhaps my body wished to go to sleep as well, but I was such a horrendous person I didn't let it rest.

I made my way to the garden.

I sat by the pool and looked up into the sky. I was tired after dancing the night away, but not in a sleepy way. It was my soul that needed rest because my feet could dance through another night. And another, and another.

It's not sure if they would be able to, but they wanted it. They craved for yet another night to forget about life and just smile without paying the price of happiness.

I ran my fingers on the water's surface, goosebumps appearing on my skin at sight. It was more than icy and the rays of the sun weren't warm as well. It was barely six in the morning.

My body was sitting by the pool, but I was somewhere else when it came to my mind. I didn't pay attention to my surroundings. No wonder, I came  back to the real world only after feeling a soft material on my shoulders. The jacket tried to protect me from the cold and it did succeed in some type of way.

"I thought you went to sleep," I looked at the person behind me, more than sure it was Draco, but I was so wrong.

I kept eye contact with Lucius for a while until he sat on one of the loungers. The silence was too loud, but I didn't know what to say. I had no idea why he was up at such an early time, or especially why he approached me.

After a few minutes, the silence became too overwhelming to handle. I took a deep breath and forced a few words to come out of my lips.

"Aren't you cold?" I asked since he was now left in his button-up and a vest, colour matched with his trousers and the jacket.

"I think I should be the one to ask this question," he said with a hint of rasp in his voice.

"Well, not anymore," I smiled under my nose, even if he couldn't see it. "You didn't have to do it, yet you gave me your jacket." I turned around and sat facing him, "Why?"

He looked as if he was thinking about it as well. Like he didn't mean to do it, but he put the jacket on my shoulders anyway.

"Draco told me once it's a nightmare when you catch a cold. I'm not letting that happen."

Lucius did say at the very beginning of the summer he heard about me from his son. I didn't expect Draco to be so detailed about my person. All I could hope for was he didn't say too much to Lucius.