Chapter 5

Meir looks away from the TV with his large doe eyes.

"Where are we gonna go?"

Aurelia almost squeals from his cuteness.

"Anywhere you want darling."

"Even the amusement Park?"

Aurelia closely pays attention to his expressions, seeing clear excitement she immediately agrees.

"Of course. We can go to the amusement Park tomorrow."

Meir jumps up from the couch whilst holding a Teddy bear as large as himself.

"Yaay!! Don't worry big sister, I'll go to bed early so we can go in the morning!"

Aurelia ruffles Meir's white curls,

"okay darling."

The next morning, Meir wakes Aurelia up by loudly knocking on the door and shouting.

"Big sister! Big sister wake up!"

Aurelia grabs her phone and checks the time, 7:15am.

Good god.

"I'm coming!" Aurelia tiredly gets out of bed with messy bed hair and askew clothes.

Aurelia opens the door and leans against the door frame looking down.

"I'll make you some breakfast then get changed into some warm clothes okay?"

"Okay!" Meir drags Aurelia by the hand into the kitchen and sits on the table.

Aurelia just makes some French toast, cuts some fruit and serves it with a cup of warm milk.

They finish breakfast quickly and wash up.

Aurelia wears a pair of black high waisted jeans with an off shoulder wine-coloured crop top and a white jacket.

While Meir wears a pair of loose black jeans, white shirt and creamy jumper.

"Ready?"Aurelia looks down and asks.

Meir's watery eyes sparkle with excitement.

"I'm ready! Let's go!"

They take the elevator and drive to the amusement park in the lamborghini.

Even though its only 9am, many parking spots are taken up and there are already hundreds of people there.

"What do you want to do first Meir?"

Meir excitedly looks towards the rides and stalls.

"Let's go on the roller-coaster!"

As they play on the different rides Aurelia starts noticing a few suspicious people.

'Sloth, who are those people.'

The people Aurelia noticed start popping up more and more.

[They're the military.]

'Why are they here?'

[Give me a second.... Apparently there's a wanted person in the crowd, the military is tasked with catching him.]

'Where?'

[Watch out! There right behind y-]

"Back off! Or else I'll kill him!"

Aurelia looks behind her, finding Meir in the clutches of a middle aged man with blade against his neck.

"Aaahhh"

"He has a knife!"

The crowd screams and shuffles away from the man with the knife. The military take out their guns pointing at the man.

Aurelia stares at the shaking Meir who's so scared he can't even make a sound.

"Move back!"

"Get back everyone!"

The people from the military shout at every to get back and they circle around the man holding Meir captive.

"Get back or else I'll kill him!" The man starts panicking, bringing the blade closer to Meir's neck.

Aurelia tries signaling to Meir that he'll be okay and he visibly calms down. She circles around to where the man can't see her as the military bargains with him.

"Let the kid go. We can talk about this."

"Pu-put the guns d-down." He orders.

The man who seems in charge motioned for everyone to lower their guns. The man holding Meir relaxing slightly but still holds tightly onto Meir with a tight grip.