'Forever and ever,' Fenrir said in an amused tone.

"I'm not getting used to all these gods hanging out in everyone's heads..." Arch muttered, giving me a careful smile.

I nearly stopped to stare at him. He looked so gorgeous when he smiled...

"Me neither," I managed to spit out and rip my eyes off him.

There were no shadows trying to ruin this moment for me. I almost expected them to start moving inside me. For a brief moment, I waited for the fear and all the other negative emotions to swallow me, but nothing happened.

And I glanced at Arch again. His smile grew a little bit wider. He walked so close that our shoulders touched every now and then. His scent was all over me. His eyes were all over me.

And the shadows didn't try to take that away from me.

We reached Aurora's house, and the guards escorting us stayed outside while the rest of us got back in. The house was a mess after we'd left in such a hurry, so we all helped to clean up a bit.

While I was putting the blanket I'd used during the night away, Aurora stepped next to me.

"I think you should stay with us for a while, don't you?" she asked with a kind voice.

I shivered when I thought about my own home.

"I guess so..." I said.

There was no point in trying to turn down her offer. She wouldn't let me leave. She'd probably tie me up if I tried. But I didn't want to leave. I had no other place to go. And... It was nice to know she cared so much.

"We have a spare room you can use," she told me, gesturing for me to follow her past the living room.

I did so with Arch right on my heels. The bedrooms were just around the corner, lining up a short hallway behind the living room. Aurora stopped behind a door at the end of it, and pushed it open. I came to a halt next to her and peered in.

It was a nice, cozy bedroom with a big bed for two, a dresser, and a small desk. The curtains in front of a big window and carpet on the floor were the same green ones I had back in my home. Or used to have...

"It's lovely," I turned to tell Aurora.

"You can stay here for as long as you want," she told me with a smile. "I've already found new clothes and other things you may need."

"You shouldn't have bothered," I told her, but she waved her hand in a dismissive manner.

"I promised to take care of you like my own," she said, touching my arm gently.

I would've told her she shouldn't bother with a runt from the enemy pack, but it just so happened that my ability to speak was momentarily disabled.

"Come – I'll make us something to eat. We missed breakfast," Aurora said.

I snorted in amusement. "Funny way of saying we were attacked..."

I saw a hint of something dark in her eyes when I said that, but she flashed a smile at me anyway.

"Next time they won't catch us with pants down," she promised.

"I'm definitely done being an easy victim," Arch agreed. "Helios better get my gift fixed."

"We really need it," Aurora sighed. "I hate the idea of letting you fight..."

"What else can we do?" Arch asked when we joined the others in the living room.

"Not this conversation again..." Tilly sighed.

Aurora watched her for a brief moment. Then she sighed and turned her back on us.