Kids

16 years ago

16 years ago

I had a six month old baby boy. Jack Lucas Miller my sweet boy. Adam was seven, Jay was eleven and Will was fourteen. Adam wasn't to found of his baby brother. Jay didn't really show any attention to Jack, but he does help if I need. Will wanted to be with his father most of the time, much to my displeasure considering Pat wasn't a very good father.

I was carry my baby boy through the streets to the school. "Mumma" Adam jumps into my arms "carefully Addy" I say making him frown not long after Jay comes over. "Hey handsome" I hug him. We walk together "is Will going come home" Adam asks suddenly "nope his going to our dads" Jay answers "it's ok we have all the fun without him" I say making the boys smile. I pass Jack to Jay allowing jay to cuddle his baby brother. I hold his back pack. "Mumma can you carry me" Adam begs making me laugh "you my big boy need to use those legs" he frowns. It had been a year since I kicked him out of my bed, of course he sneaks in some nights but I still wonder if It was the right decision. I wrap my arms around him as we make the walk home. "When are Sam and Dean coming back" Jay asks as he makes Jack laugh "I don't know they are in New Orleans now that's all I know" i take jack back carrying both their bags as the run up and down in front of me. Jay and Adam despite still fighting they have become closers, best friends.

The two run around the yard as I walk up to the door unlocking it. I open the door "come on boys you can do that in the back yard" they run into the house running through it. "Hey bags" I place the bags on the floor by the door, closing the door. They run back grabbing their bags and unpacking them, I walk into the house putting jack on the floor in the living room with all his toys. "Our bags are unpacked can we play outside" Jay asks "make sure your bags are hung up" they nod "then of course I will bring jack out along with some snacks" the both run outside. We have a a play equipment (slide, swings, playhouse, monkey bars) and lots of grass. I place a picnic mat down bringing Jack and some of his toys out placing him on the mat. "Could you boys watch jack while I get the snack" they nod sitting with their bother playing with him. I walk into the house going to the fridge pulling out some fruit, I cut up earlier. I carry the containers of fruit down to the blanket. I smile seeing my three boys all playing. I sit down "go play" I tell the two older boys as I open the containers giving Jack a little bit of rockmelon. My phone goes off drawing my attention. "Hello" I answer "mum can you pick me up" "Will what's wrong" "I just want to come home" I sigh "ok" I hung up picking jack up. "Come on boys inside I have to go out for a minute can you grab the fruit toys and blanket" they do as they were told "where are you going" Adam asks "to pick Will up" "why" Jay asks "I don't know" I say "I'm going to take Jack but you two can stay" I look at both boys "no leaving the house I will leave the fruit out for you to eat...don't use the stove or anything in the kitchen" they nod "Jay I need you to watch Adam his you crazy brother no fighting" he nods hugging me.

I pull up outside Pats. Calling Will who immediately comes down. "What happened kiddo" he just looks out the window "you know you can say anything I won't stop you from seeing him" I say I could tell he was thinking about it. "I just wanted to come home I missed Jay Adam and Jack" I smile "well let go see what your crazy brothers are doing" he laughs as we both walk Into the house Jack on my hip. To see Jay and Adam jumping down the stairs into a pile of cushions. "So this is what happens when I'm gone" "not when Wills here his no fun" I smile "his fun just not crazy like you two" he smiles at me causing me to laugh. "Put all the pillows back and go get cleaned up for dinner" the two boys pout "if you move quickly you will be able to help" I tell them. They look at two at each other before the start to clean up. I turn to Will "go get cleaned up I will be in the kitchen if you need me" he nods going to hang his bag up and then going up to his room. I knew something happened at that house but I didn't say anything. I place Jack on the counter putting some toys and fruit in front of him before I turn to look through the cupboards. "Mumma mumma" Adam and Jay come racing hugging my legs. I lift them both up. It was a struggle these boys are getting heavy. Thank god I was trained to carry grown men, I can carry a seven and an eleven year old. I place them on a chair at the island. I turn to grab some vegetables to cut up. I start to place them on the island seeing both boys pushing each other "if you can't be nice and stand on the chair together you won't help" they immediately stop looking at me "what do we want" I look around "rice" I say opening the rice putting it in the pan to start cooking. "You both good to work next to each other or am i going to only have Jack and Will" i ask seeing Will stood in the Doorway. Will comes over so his across from us. "We got carrots, cucumber, celery, lettuce anything else oh and also cooking rice" Adam and Jay shake their heads while Will shrugs. I set them up to cut the vegetables up while I take Jack out of the room to change his nappy.

"Jay Adam stop mumma Will be mad" I hear Will say as I grab Jack leaving him in only his nappy. I walk in to see the boys pushing each other again. "Jay Adam go make sure your room is clean" I say trying not to snap. They don't move "mumma we're cooking" Adam begs "quick move" I snap they jump down off the chair racing each other out of the room. I turn to Will who is smiling I put Jack in his high chair at the end of the table. Walking over putting rice and the vegetables in four bowls, before getting a smaller one for Jack. I place them on the island and Will puts the at the table. "Done" Jay said coming back to the room with Adam not far behind. They both frown seeing we have finished the cooking. "Come sit down" they go sit down. "Not next to each other or opposite each other" I say making them both nod move to the table "I wanna sit next to mumma" Adam said with his bottom lip wobbling "Adam sit down next to Will" I say tired of both boys. Really hoping Jack isn't this bad.

I had just finished Jacks bath and now he was laying on my bed in his pyjamas. The three boys were getting themselves ready for bed. "Mumma" I look up from my position on the floor folding clothes. "What's up bubba" I hold my arms out and Jay jumps into them hugging me tightly. "Mumma can I sleep with you" Adam said coming into the room. He frowns seeing Jay in my arms "you got to try sleep in your bed kiddo" he sighs getting into my bed. I will let him fall asleep before I move him. "Go on you go to sleep up there to" I knew Jay wanted to "but if you two start fighting you have to go back to your bed" I said sternly "your little brother is up there" I remind them getting up kissing their heads before going back to folding close.